jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

When was the last time you've given up your seat for someone else's comfort?

1. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

When was the last time you've given up your seat for someone else's comfort?

Some have blatant disreguard for others.

2. cloudy_cool profile image73
    cloudy_coolposted 5 years ago

I honestly dont remember doing so recently. Its a shame I know, but having two small kids of my own has made other kind hearted people to give up their seat for me (for the last several years) LOL!
    Although I do remember travelling standing up (a lot) in a crowded bus/train as a teenager , mostly because the seats would be occupied by the elders and the elderly...I never minded that though, I actually felt ashamed to be sitting if I noticed a less able person standing next to me...I'd give up my seat immediately.

3. Felicia Carrillo profile image60
    Felicia Carrilloposted 5 years ago

It was last week, I was picking up my meds from the store, and a older woman walk in and not one peron got up out of respect. So I gave up my seat and even assisted her in getting there.

4. NC4Life078 profile image87
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

You know when you go to the airport and every seat is full except for the ones near people? Well I noticed a girl on her cell phone that was pacing back and forth. Then she stood in a corner and waited. I got up and asked her if she would like my seat. Then I said "I don't bite or smell so if you would like to sit next to me, that is fine too". She smiled and said "I'm fine but thank you". She Came over 5 minutes later.

I might have given up my seat at school within the past year, but, there are to many interactions to remember a single moment. I believe you should always show compassion for others.

5. purnimamoh1982 profile image78
    purnimamoh1982posted 5 years ago

I often use public transport and make it a point that whenever I see someone older than me standing without a seat, I offer them my seat. May be I am not doing this in a very selfless manner. I do this primarily because I wish when I grow old, younger people will repay.

6. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

Not for a while as I haven't used public transport for a while but I used to offer older ones a seat all the time - Bit scary when boys started ofering me a seat !!

7. tirelesstraveler profile image80
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Not so long ago because ,several years ago I was traveling on a BART train, out of San Francisco, with my mother.  A young woman gave her seat to my mom 80+.  I will never forget how gracious the young woman was to mom.  Respect of elders is really high in my book.