jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What state were you born in and what state do you think you should be from? Why?

1. taaguilar profile image78
    taaguilarposted 5 years ago

What state were you born in and what state do you think you should be from? Why?

2. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Born in (Boston) MA, and feel very much at home having lived here almost my entire life, but for maybe 3 or 4 years when my father was stationed (Navy) in Erie, PA and then Guilford, Conn.

Definitely feel like a "bean-towner/North-Easterner" culturally, politically, and for the academic/intellectual/medical/jazz and music/arts scene, services, opportunities, et cetera. 

Besides, wheh else would anyone know what I mean when I (used to) say something is "wicked pissah!".  Still use "wicked" (very) maybe a coupl'a times a week!  smile

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I was born in Louisiana, but I'm a California girl. I've been here since I was 10.

4. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

I am born and brought up in Assam, North Eastern State of India ( Asia) .
    The birth place is Digboi though presently i stay in Guwahati with my husband and son.
    I feel very much Indian and particularly Assamese always as all my life till now I am living here. I love the culture, religion and everything about this place.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I was born and raised in Virginia and it will always be home no matter what part of the county I live in. It's great living in New York because I always get the "You aren't from around here, are you?" bit whenever I open my mouth because my accent is still there.

6. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 5 years ago

I was born in Texas, lived all over the place and then came back here. Wouldn't want to be from anywhere else!

7. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

My name is Davey.
    I was born in a state that no longer exists.
    It was named after one of our founding dads.
    This founding dad was never President;
    Yet, indeed he has contributed significantly to our cause.
    I really should be from Tennessee; yet I really am not.
    Who am I and where was I born?

8. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Born and raised in California and while I now live in Montana, I am a California girl at heart - never will change.

9. KevinTimothy profile image82
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

Actually wasn't born in the states but sometimes I feel like I should be from Maryland - I'm always talking about it.

10. SportsBetter profile image78
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

I was born in New York.  Now I live in California and it definitely fits me, but I will always be from New York.  New York is my home, California is my never ending vacation.