jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can anyone recommend a nice gated community in the mountains in the Eastern part

1. Karen Hellier profile image95
    Karen Hellierposted 5 years ago

Can anyone recommend a nice gated community in the mountains in the Eastern part of the country?

My husband and I are wanting to move to a gated community in the mountains in any of the following states: Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia or Tennessee. It needs to have a lake, pool, workout center, and community center on the premises. We like Big Canoe in GA. but want to explore others as well before we make any decisions. Thanks.

2. Matthew Weese profile image70
    Matthew Weeseposted 5 years ago

I know of this Mormon sect in the Rocky's, all ya gotta do is sign over all your assets and be baptized into the community. You may even get a chance to meet Mitt Romney......LOL.

Karen Hellierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Uh, no thanks...LOL! Wrong part of the country anyway!

3. malonge profile image51
    malongeposted 5 years ago

I know of one in New York.  It is not warm all year round if that's what you're looking for but it is afantastic gated community situated on Chautauqua Lake.  If you don't relocate to a place like this, it is still worth a trip to visit.  See my hubs and find out alittle more about Chautauqua Institution.

Karen Hellierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I will check it out.

working