jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Gated Communities. Are they a blessing or a curse?

1. raymondphilippe profile image82
    raymondphilippeposted 3 years ago

Gated Communities. Are they a blessing or a curse?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8811492_f260.jpg

2. literal profile image44
    literalposted 3 years ago

Gated Communities are a blessing.  The aged become isolated in 'the community' quite often they lack transport, heating is another major problem with rising power bills and they don't feel like preparing a meal for one.  Yes I think gated communities are a blessing security is excellent, a gardener mows the lawns and tends the gardens.  This is an ideal environment to live in.

raymondphilippeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I can understand your point. Thanks for sharing.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, gated communities keep the undesirable elements out and make the community a more secure and safe place.

3. literal profile image44
      literalposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, you made my day ;-)

3. luvtoowrite profile image44
    luvtoowriteposted 3 years ago

That really depends on who is inside the gate with you. If you have a good community, it is a blessing. Not such a blessing, if you are in an area that has a high crime rate and/or undesirable people gated with you.

raymondphilippeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I wish we were  always able to chose our company.

2. literal profile image44

The gated communities in our country (NZ) are pristine.  Certainly, there will be personality clashes, you get that everywhere.   Medical professionals visit weekly, hairdressers  etc ...

4. raymondphilippe profile image82
    raymondphilippeposted 3 years ago

I certainly can see the pros of living in a gated community as most of the participants have mentioned.
    On the other side however it seems a bit sad that there are gated communities to keep people out who often live in the same region but maybe are les fortunate and unable to afford living in a gated community.

Maybe inequality is going to lead to more and more safe zones (gated communities for the happy few) and danger zones (where the not so happy few live).

1. literal profile image44

Yes that is a concern - there are family and agencies that support those who live in the community.  And in some cases they decide not to join the gated community lifestyle.

Closed to reply

working