jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite city and why?

1. toknowinfo profile image90
    toknowinfoposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite city and why?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

It would have to be my Hometown Bristol, Tennessee. It borders Virginia and there is also a Bristol, Virginia, Twin cities. It is surrounded by the Appalachian mountains and is a beautiful city. There's no place like home. I actually wrote a hub about it.

http://jthomp42.hubpages.com/hub/Things … eeVirginia

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

New Orleans and Paris. The styles are similar, yet New Orleans is a little more out there. Paris has a more feminine touch that is adored. The cultures are very nice as well.

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have to respectfully disagree about the cultures in Paris. Parisians are very rude and hate Americans for some reason? Not disagreeing that Paris is beautiful, Just the people. smile

2. lburmaster profile image82
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They hate American's, but they like people from Texas. Same with England as well.

3. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL..... Really? Wonder why?

4. INFJay profile image81
    INFJayposted 5 years ago

My favorite city is Paris, France because of the lifestyle, architecture, history, and, yes, the culture & people. When we were in Paris for 16 days we stayed with French friends and lived their lifestyle. We rode the metro, shopped for groceries, ate 2 hour long dinners, and had in-depth (even heated) discussions. The French (many of them) also love American "culture." The key for my wife and I getting along so well in Paris is we spoke our intermediate French with everyone and almost everyone we met also speaks English to some extent as we discovered when we ran out of French vocabulary. Oui, Paris is my favorite city!

5. tipstoretireearly profile image84
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

San Diego.  Perfect weather, beautiful beaches, lots of outdoor recreation.

6. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

I will limit this to my favorite inhabited city, which is Indianapolis. Indy is large with an amazing low cost of living and offers so much to do. It is one of the nation's sports capitals, and I hope it follows through with an Olympic bid. It is progressive and diverse, has many young people (colleges), and boasts several museums and a range of entertainment. Plus, access to other metro areas is excellent: It only depends on where and how far you want to go. I miss living there!

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Sounds crazy but Minot. North Dakota.  Very nice people, kind, low crime rate, reasonable living expenses.