jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best time of the year to visit Ireland?

1. jacobkuttyta profile image76
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

What is the best time of the year to visit Ireland?

2. jandee profile image57
    jandeeposted 5 years ago

Anybody lucky enough to visit Ireland will love it any time.

3. Shinkicker profile image95
    Shinkickerposted 5 years ago

17th March. St Paddy's Day

Hubpages say Please fix these errors before continuing:

* Your answer is too short. Please make it longer.

LOL

4. cfin profile image81
    cfinposted 5 years ago

If you are looking for a party, St.Patricks day. If not, surely as close to the summer time, as possible. There are plenty of out door pursuits that are quite tough once the rainy season arrives. Check out my article here to see some of the best places to visit.

I do think Dublin is beautiful over Christmas though.

http://cfin.hubpages.com/hub/Visiting-beautiful-ireland

5. abbyw1989 profile image61
    abbyw1989posted 5 years ago

The 'summer' (or when it rains slightly less than usual =P). Everything is more beautiful with the sun on it. Winter can be terribly cold. I guess it depends on which part you are visiting too.... For the main cities, weather doesn't make a huge difference. There are a lot of lovely local fairs/festivals in Autumn and around that time the weather isn't too harsh either smile

1. cfin profile image81
      cfinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You must be Irish too. Complaining about the weather wink To set the record straight, Ireland does not get that cold. The majority of the US gets a lot colder in the Winter and Ireland sees only a few inches of snow. I guess its just in our nature

2. abbyw1989 profile image61
      abbyw1989posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm English living in Ireland.... it must be the awful summer we had this year that's all! We're pretty lucky snow and ice wise I guess smile

3. cfin profile image81
      cfinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here its gets down to -25 Celsius hmm  Its probably from listening to Irish people. They talk everything down. Its annoying. Everything is worse than it really is wink A sprinkle of snow when I lived in Cork and  it was the end of the world!....

4. abbyw1989 profile image61
      abbyw1989posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Phew my word that's positively cold! Yeah, I don't think England or Ireland are particularly good at dealing with the event of snow. I have a Swedish friend over here and she says it would be hilarious to see us deal with the weather they get ;-)

working