Can you work from your laptop when visiting the UK

1. scoop profile image83
    scoopposted 5 years ago

Can you work from your laptop when visiting the UK

If you go to the UK (England) as a general visitor, are you allowed to work from your laptop on sites such as Hubpages? According to the visa conditions you are not supposed to work while in the UK , on a general visitor visa. I was wondering if this includes self-employed work such as writing for Hubpages.

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

I don't think that contributing to hubpages would be seen as paid employment in the UK. It would be the equivalent of texting, emailing or writing on facebook. I wouldn't expect to be pulled up for any of those in any other country.
    The visa condition of "not working" refers to paid employment by an employer in the UK. No one in the UK is paying you to write on hub pages (I assume). Personally, my hubpages would be seen as a hobby because the earnings from them don't even amount to pocket money, let alone paid income!

3. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7274496_f260.jpg

I am taking my laptop as we travel to Europe / UK/ USA & Canada as I plan to keep writing / I am British  so am ok there but with the other places when they say no working I think they mean no going to a paid job in the country .
    Sitting on your laptop you could be writing emails , playing games , answering questions ...... ! So I think it would be safe to say Yes hub away while traveling - make sure you explore and have a lot of fun as well while there !

working