jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Regarding HubPages Apprenticeship program

1. mmsu profile image71
    mmsuposted 5 years ago

Regarding HubPages Apprenticeship program

I was planning to enroll for the HubPages Apprenticeship program,but as I went on to fill the form,there was a field which was necessary to be filled.In that field they ask you to paste the link of articles you have written other writing sites or your own blogs.Since I have been writing for HubPages only,does this mean that I can not participate in the program?

2. eHealer profile image88
    eHealerposted 5 years ago

MMSU, I don't think so. If I remember correctly, that field for "other articles" is not mandatory. I had written some stuff on Yahoo Voices and my own website, but I don't think it was a deciding factor. You have 20 great hubs and that should be sufficient. I think the most important question on the form is 'why do you want to be an apprentice" for Hubpages. Give it some thought before you tell them how you want to improve your writing and get more traffic on your pages. You know, the truth. Maybe you'd like to brand yourself with an online presence. Go for it, your into sports writing, you got the right stuff!!

3. Heather63 profile image85
    Heather63posted 5 years ago

I agree with ehealer - concentrate on writing a clear and thoughtful explanation of why you would like to be part of the program. They'll see the care you put into that as well as the hubs you've written. Be yourself - Good luck!

1. mmsu profile image71
      mmsuposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response.I just submitted the form after reading yours and Healer's comment.I hope it gets approved.

@e Healer
      I don't know why the comment option under your answer is not coming,so i decided to mention you here.Thank you!!

4. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

There's no reason not to apply even if you've only been writing for Hubpages.  If your articles are useful, entertaining, and well-written, they will serve as proof of your ability and potential. The worst that could happen is you get declined, in which case you just build up your online library more and then apply again.  Good luck.

1. mmsu profile image71

Thank you for your supportive response,just got the problem sorted and have applied.Hope to get in!

5. krsharp05 profile image93
    krsharp05posted 5 years ago

No, when I applied to the program I had only written a few articles for Hub Pages.  Apply and see what happens!  It's a great program, you will learn a lot and having a team is awesome.  Go for it and good luck!

1. mmsu profile image71

Yes in that required field i just wrote that i have been only writing for HubPages,since filling that was a must.
      Thank you for your support,and if approved i am sure i will learn a lot and become a much better writer.

6. denisemai profile image72
    denisemaiposted 5 years ago

I am in my 5th month of the Apprenticeship Program. When I applied, I hadn't written for anyone else other than HubPages. It must not matter because I was accepted right away. The articles I submitted links for were HP articles of which I was particularly proud. I hope that helps you. Good luck!