If I make a full-time income from Hubpages, can I still write and get paid while

1. scoop profile image85
    scoopposted 5 years ago

If I make a full-time income from Hubpages, can I still write and get paid while visiting the UK?

UK general visa terms state that a tourist cannot take paid employment or provide services to the public and so forth. If I make a full-time income from writing on Hubpages, and tell UK border patrol that this is what I do for work, what are the chances that this will be a problem?

Basically, is it fine if I still write for Hubpages and get paid by them while I am visiting the UK on a general visitor visa? I cannot find any rock solid answers anywhere.

2. AlexK2009 profile image93
    AlexK2009posted 5 years ago

Umm..... 

First It depends how long you are coming here.  On a short visit you can say you are on holiday.  I am not sure how "doing research" will go down.

For a short visit just say you will not be writing while here.   I believe the prohibition is against employment not work as such, ince the goal  is to protect the jobs of British workers (except from Indians who were on-shored in droves by big companies a couple of years ago).

you may be able to check at the UK Immigration site or via 

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas … n/working/

It does mention various categories but not self employed.

You might be classed as an entertainer.

If you do come to Britain we have a Bed and Breakfast in Edinburgh and the city is well worth a visit as a holiday in London will leave you needing a holiday

Good Luck

working