jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you ever take a moment to wave back to the people in the Statue of Liberty co

1. Goody5 profile image76
    Goody5posted 4 years ago

Do you ever take a moment to wave back to the people in the Statue of Liberty costumes?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7705585_f260.jpg

2. kidscrafts profile image81
    kidscraftsposted 4 years ago

Living in Canada, we don't see many around but if I was living in the US, I would be waving to cheer them up....and warm them up.  It seems very cold on the picture....brrrrr!  On top of that, they are waving with a sign "Income Tax"...I think they need all the sympathy we can give them!
    When I see kids waving while in the school bus or with their parents in the car, I wave because I know they want some waving back :-)

3. Annie Miller profile image79
    Annie Millerposted 4 years ago

Always! Anyone who stands on a street corner, wearing a costume, in all kinds of weather, and probably gets paid next to nothing - deserves to be acknowledged. It's the least I can do.

4. skylarboo profile image60
    skylarbooposted 4 years ago

Yes, why not? Why not wave to someone waving to you? Or smile at a person smiling at you? My belief:  we probably do not wave and smile enough in this World! So yes, smile at the Liberty guy as well as the guy with headphones twirling his own sign.

5. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

Yes. I don't know if it makes them feel better, but it does make me feel good. smile

6. M Zees profile image74
    M Zeesposted 4 years ago

well ... we don' have anything remotely similar to this in Pakistan. If we did however, I would've waved back to him out of respect because he has the guts to actually do something like this.

7. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

I do, I always beep & wave, they make me smile!

8. Lisa HW profile image78
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I've never seen one.  But, I have seen, and waved back to, Ronald McDonald.   smile

9. JimTxMiller profile image80
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Yes, I do, almost without fail. These folks are doing whatever it takes to earn a buck rather than ask for a handout.

10. dailytop10 profile image94
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

Someone who fights for something he or she deems what is right deserves more than a wave.

11. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Always, they deserve respect for doing so to earn a living wearing the costume. Some are so vain, they wouldn't do it for $1000 dollars an hour, let along minimum wage.

12. profile image0
    loyerd6posted 4 years ago

Sure do!  I wave and toot my horn at anybody in costume by the side of the road!

working