jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Are you staying warm throughout this year's Winter storms?

1. TheHoleStory profile image79
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

Are you staying warm throughout this year's Winter storms?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8737211_f260.jpg

2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Yes. I am drinking coffee, tea, hot chocolate. I am wearing more clothes including a knit hat. I am running my electric heater while I sit here and write, plus munching on nuts and raisins. Are you?

3. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Yes.  We were due a good storm LOL.  The whole town is shut down for a second day in a row and probably tomorrow as well.  Authorities are saying don't drive if you don't have to and are encouraging business owners to close so people don't have to drive.  I am warm and cozy and across the street (about 1/4 mile) there is a grocery store I can walk to if absolutely necessary.  We don't see this kind of weather often though. This weekend is supposed to be in the 50s so all of this ice and snow will melt by Saturday afternoon!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image73
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

l look out my window and the snow on the streets is melted alright. The streets are wet and ready for freezing tonight at 27*.

2. Efficient Admin profile image91
      Efficient Adminposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Now the temperature is above freezing and all the snow is starting to melt, and yep it will freeze tonight and remelt tomorrow. So I am sitting here drinking coffee and eating crackers and cheese. I bet work will be open tomorrow.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image73
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Same here, it is in the 40's. Tomorrow it is the 50's but every night is still freezing. Our towns did that yesterday - no schools, no stores, no mail, stay home, do not drive, etc. Today is all clear, but they do not look ahead.

4. THarman7 profile image60
    THarman7posted 4 years ago

Yes, I'm keeping nice and toasty.  The weather here in Washington state is so weird, just the other day we had 3-5 inches of snow, while yesterday and today are sunny, and even the birds are out singing.

5. luvtoowrite profile image42
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

Trying to stay warm, but I get cold easily. I just hope with all the bad weather we are having, the electricity doesn't go out. That is always a fear of mine.

6. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

Yes I have one of these little fireplaces, and I now have a 9000 starting watt generator for the next upcoming battle of Winter storms.

working