jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, or experience to share in regards to cru

1. Torrs13 profile image95
    Torrs13posted 3 years ago

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, or experience to share in regards to cruises?

2. HLKeeley profile image83
    HLKeeleyposted 3 years ago

My worst experience on a cruise was when the ship I was on was really rocky. I could barely stand and I got sick. Other trips, it was smooth, but that one was awful.

Tip: Pack for every occasion because cruises offer every experience: swimming, formal dinner, dancing, shows, etc. Check the itinerary for how to pack and what to expect.

3. marieloves profile image79
    marielovesposted 3 years ago

I have only been on one cruise (Royal Caribbean cruise around Western Europe). It was a great experience because I was able to visit a bunch of places in a short period of time.
    If you are able to, I would advise that you book some excursions since sometimes you are at a port for only a few hours. That way, you are making the most of your time there.
    On the cruise, there are a lot of activities and free food so there is always plenty to do. For the cabin, I really recommend getting a balcony view. It was so nice to sit outside with a coffee and watch the sea (and wave at the people on other cruise ships when you pass them!). 

I also noticed that prices for cruises go down significantly right before they are set to leave since they are trying to fill up empty spots.

Hope this helps.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

They are probably not worth your money, time and effort. You might be better spending all of that on something(s) closer to home.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

The only time I went on a cruise, I flew into the area and headed straight for the ship on the day it left port. Fortunately, I didn't experience any delays or other problems along the way. Afterwards, I talked to some experienced cruisers and they said you should always fly or drive to the port city at least a day ahead of time in case the airlines experience delays or there are detours and such along the roads. You don't want to miss the ship.

6. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 3 years ago

I've been on the Spirit of the Med (Barcelona, Corsica, Rome, Florence, Toulon in one week) and it was a really great trip.  Flights, airport-to-ship transport and on-board food were free.  Generally you can find great package deals online.
    Since you're from NC I'm sure there are different types of cruises than the one I went to from the UK.  If they're similar, though, you'll be able to find cruise deals at an affordable price all around the world.

working