What are the pros and cons of living In Tennessee?

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

What are the pros and cons of living In Tennessee?

So my sister In law lives in Tennessee and the rent prices are way more affordable than New Hampshire.
    We were considering moving and Was looking for more opinions On the state.Thanks

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I can't stand that state; it would be among the last places I would move.  The pros are the beautiful scenery though.  If you love nature; that would be a plus.  As for cost of living, there are plenty of other places in the country where you get a reduced cost of living.  The times I spent traveling and visiting Tennessee were terrible; based on how they treat people traveling through (in many locations too) I would never consider living there.  Of course, I do have some friends that grew up there as well.  One friend loved it and loves to travel there to visit family and the other couldn't run out of there fast enough and has never looked back.  I guess like anywhere; you'll have some who hate it and some who adore it.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

The only thing that truly makes one place better than another is what (you want), your lifestyle priorities, and so forth.
    It might help to take a couple extended vacations there.
    Moving from the east coast, west coast, or a major metropolis area to the south is usually about wanting to move away from something more than it has to do with moving towards something.
    People who are "tired of the noise", the crime, crowded highways, and overall stress may want to live someplace that's is the exact opposite. However six months or a year later they realize how much they miss family, friends, activities, events, and various other diverse options they'd grown accustomed to. The pace is too slow for them.
    When I lived in southern California I witnessed many instances of people from the east coast coming out there and making a U-turn within a year or two. They just could not relate to the people and many missed the "four seasons".
    Moving to a new state is a major undertaking.
    You really have to know yourself and what's most important to you.

Closed to reply