jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

El Nino reports confuse me. Weather experts, HELP please.

1. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

El Nino reports confuse me.  Weather experts, HELP please.

Reading the news about El Nino and it's possible repercussions, It's been reported that WNY winter will NOT be as severe/brutal as the last 2 years.  I also read that some areas in the Eastern States WILL be cold/icy/stormy.  What is your understanding of El Nino's effect on us.

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Here in San Diego area it means severe flooding can be expected. It also means there will be many flash floods arising very unexpectedly. There are areas that are predictable and typical, yet as the season paces along there will be many surprises too. Best prepare now. BTW, I need to clean my rain gutter before it arrives.

1. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

So....from severe drought, you have flooding.  GREAT!  It's always something to contend with !   My son lives near San Diego.  (Tustin)
      Thanks for the visit.

2. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not far off. I lived just south in the Mission Veijo area a bit We'll have to see what happens with this year's El Nino. They say we need 2 - 3 years of that kinda' rain to be out of the drought. Plus, snow packs don't usually occur from it.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 14 months ago

Will you look at this?  Tim, you're the lone responder! Apparently no one is brave enough to take a stab at this question.  Is no one up on info about "El Nino?"   Oh well................
    Last call!  Any takers?  C'mon, step up to the plate!  Tell us what you know about El Nino.