|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
For anyone planning to visit New York City, what place/places are you most excited to see?
(1) Times Square & Broadway which is located from 50th Street to 42nd Street from Broadway to about 8th Avenue. This is the main tourist area. It has the usual tourist stores, restaurants, & one can get low-cost tickets to see Broadway plays. One can go to the piers on 42nd Street to take the Circle Line around New York City. There is also a Junior's Restaurant in the vicinity.
(2) The Financial District which is located in lower Manhattan. This area covers City Hall, Fulton Street( shopping center & restaurant-also there is a museum), there are shopping areas such as Century 21 where one can get quality clothing at a discount, & lastly, there is Wall Street & Battery Park City. While you are in Battery Park City, please stop by The Museum of the Jewish Heritage which is dedicated to the Jewish Holocaust. This museum also showcases the varied aspects of Jewish culture in Europe, the Americas, & worldwide.
(3) Chinatown, a wonderful place where one can sample authentic Chinese cuisine at its various restaurants. There are also stores where one can purchase Chinese clothing & get acupuncture. There are also art stores in the surrounding area.
(4) Harlem. This area is becoming gentrified. There are wonderful stores in which to shop. There is also the Apollo Theatre. There is Sylvia's Restaurant, the Schomburg Public Library, the Museum of Harlem where Black art is shown, & the Cotton Club where jazz & good food abound.
(5) Brooklyn, New York- What can I say about Brooklyn?! Brooklyn is so many things to so many people. There are various restaurants such as Nanatori in Brooklyn Heights, Juniors in Flatbush, Wasabi & Peter Luger's Steakhouse in Williamsburg. There are prime shopping centers in Brooklyn Heights, Flatbush, & particularly in Bay Ridge. Yes, there are tons of restaurants in Bay Ridge. There is also BAM on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn where one can take in a movie or see cultural events. One can get perfume oils in Brooklyn at a fraction of the price for regular perfumes (Madina located at the beginning of Atlantic Avenue). There is also Brighton Beach where one can get Russian movies & have Russian food either at its restaurants &/or stores.
by Grace Marguerite Williams5 years ago
New York City is a city bar none. It has great restaurants, shops, and cultural happenings. You can experience different cultures without leaving the country. One day, it is Thai,...
by ryanjhoe5 years ago
What interesting place to visit in your city?I would like to know any place that you think interesting to visit in your city. It can be the plaza, the park or the beach depend on where you live.
by Nicholas Daly3 years ago
Do you think another city is more romantic than Paris?I could put "romantic" in quotation marks like this as I haven't been and don't want to assume there is truth to this labelling (and people must have...
by KatrinaKe7 years ago
For anyone who's lived in NYC, what are some things I need to know if I ever move there?I mean stuff the tourist guides won't tell you that one should know. And stuff that's relevant to a mostly-broke post-grad would be...
by Shaylaw11710 months ago
What are the hot spots in New York City?
by daydreamer133 years ago
Do you consider New York City a romantic city?Many romantic comedies are set in New York City, but you I've never heard anyone refer to New York as a romantic place.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.