For anyone planning to visit New York City, what place/places are you most excited to see?
(1) Times Square & Broadway which is located from 50th Street to 42nd Street from Broadway to about 8th Avenue. This is the main tourist area. It has the usual tourist stores, restaurants, & one can get low-cost tickets to see Broadway plays. One can go to the piers on 42nd Street to take the Circle Line around New York City. There is also a Junior's Restaurant in the vicinity.
(2) The Financial District which is located in lower Manhattan. This area covers City Hall, Fulton Street( shopping center & restaurant-also there is a museum), there are shopping areas such as Century 21 where one can get quality clothing at a discount, & lastly, there is Wall Street & Battery Park City. While you are in Battery Park City, please stop by The Museum of the Jewish Heritage which is dedicated to the Jewish Holocaust. This museum also showcases the varied aspects of Jewish culture in Europe, the Americas, & worldwide.
(3) Chinatown, a wonderful place where one can sample authentic Chinese cuisine at its various restaurants. There are also stores where one can purchase Chinese clothing & get acupuncture. There are also art stores in the surrounding area.
(4) Harlem. This area is becoming gentrified. There are wonderful stores in which to shop. There is also the Apollo Theatre. There is Sylvia's Restaurant, the Schomburg Public Library, the Museum of Harlem where Black art is shown, & the Cotton Club where jazz & good food abound.
(5) Brooklyn, New York- What can I say about Brooklyn?! Brooklyn is so many things to so many people. There are various restaurants such as Nanatori in Brooklyn Heights, Juniors in Flatbush, Wasabi & Peter Luger's Steakhouse in Williamsburg. There are prime shopping centers in Brooklyn Heights, Flatbush, & particularly in Bay Ridge. Yes, there are tons of restaurants in Bay Ridge. There is also BAM on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn where one can take in a movie or see cultural events. One can get perfume oils in Brooklyn at a fraction of the price for regular perfumes (Madina located at the beginning of Atlantic Avenue). There is also Brighton Beach where one can get Russian movies & have Russian food either at its restaurants &/or stores.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 6 years ago
New York City is a city bar none. It has great restaurants, shops, and cultural happenings. You can experience different cultures without leaving the country. One day, it is Thai, another day, Indian, and the third day, Italian. Well, you understand...
by ryanjhoe 5 years ago
What interesting place to visit in your city?I would like to know any place that you think interesting to visit in your city. It can be the plaza, the park or the beach depend on where you live.
by KatrinaKe 7 years ago
For anyone who's lived in NYC, what are some things I need to know if I ever move there?I mean stuff the tourist guides won't tell you that one should know. And stuff that's relevant to a mostly-broke post-grad would be great, but general knowledge as well.
by Shaylaw117 14 months ago
What are the hot spots in New York City?
by Brian 5 years ago
I think the best food I have had was in Montreal Canada. They had this awesome Chinese place that had some kind of breakfast sandwich for like 50 cents. It was the best sandwich I ever had, so I had 3 of them!Another great place there was the Bistro. A multilevel street cafe, where they cook...
by daydreamer13 3 years ago
Do you consider New York City a romantic city?Many romantic comedies are set in New York City, but you I've never heard anyone refer to New York as a romantic place.
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|