jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which country in Europe would you like to travel to?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 14 months ago

Which country in Europe would you like to travel to?

2. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 14 months ago

Poland!  I've always wanted to visit Auschwitz and the major cities have some Russian-like charm without me actually having to go to Russia.

I'd also love to check out the parts of Scandinavia I haven't seen yet, especially Norway as I have some ancestors from there.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 14 months ago

Sweden for many reasons. One is a Dearest Best Friend lives there. Another is like their lifestyle even with cultural nuances that may take adapting to.

4. Nathanville profile image96
    Nathanvilleposted 14 months ago

The Republic of Ireland; we always go to France for two weeks holiday in the summer, and visit Belgium on the way back for shopping, but have never spent any quality time in the Irish Republic.

A few years ago we caught a ferry from Fishguard, Pembrokeshire in Cymru (Wales) to Rosslare in the south of the Irish Republic specifically to drive up north and across the border into Northern Ireland for a week’s holiday in the Mourne Mountains.

In 12 hours travel, it was a 340 mile journey by road from Bristol to the Mourne Mountains, plus the ferry crossing.  So we didn’t get time to stop and admire the scenic view or the culture while making our mad dash through the Irish Republic.

The purpose of the holiday to Northern Ireland was my wife’s father’s family comes from there, but she’s was never able to visit Northern Ireland before, because it was dangerous during the 30 years terrorist campaign by the IRA.  However, following the peace agreement between the IRA and the British Government in the late 1990s, Northern Ireland has become safe.  So as her father was born in Belfast and that side of her family have their roots in the Mourne Mountains, she wanted to go on a pilgrimage to her family roots.

My wife wants to go back to Northern Ireland for another holiday in a couple of years, and I would like to extend the holiday so that we can also spend a few days in the Irish Republic.   My interest in the Irish Republic being it’s a very beautiful and scenic place, and also because like Wales (Cymru) it's steeped with Gaelic (Celtic) culture and language; which I find fascinating.

5. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 14 months ago

A country I've never been to - Turkey. Perhaps not at this present time because the political situation there is not entirely stable today, but the ancient history, the cultural influences (Roman, Christian and Muslim, European and Middle Eastern), plus the scenery, all have great appeal. All this and nice beaches and a warm Mediterranean climate too!

If I can pick a country I've already been to, I'd choose Italy. I went there as a child, and a few years ago I visited Venice, but I must go again to see Florence, Rome, Pisa, Siena etc etc - the most beautiful cities on Earth. Then there's Pompeii and Vesuvius, the countryside of Tuscany, the islands of Sicily and Sardinia, and  - like Turkey -  the beaches and the climate. Couldn't be better!

6. ledann3 profile image44
    ledann3posted 14 months ago

I want to travel all the countries in Europe but if I have to choose I'll go to Spain.

working