jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

What things in your home country are the local people most proud of?

1. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

What things in your home country are the local people most proud of?

2. Stories Inc. profile image76
    Stories Inc.posted 6 years ago

Haha, mostly food: fries and chocolates. We're basically a gluttonous people.

3. whoisbid profile image73
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Their intellect, academic superiority and heritage. I grew up with people who believed they were superior to everyone else but I don't agree with them anymore after having traveled the world and discovering that their country is not the centre of the universe. In fact I find it to be disgusting that they taught me these things.

4. naqshriz profile image57
    naqshrizposted 6 years ago

Respect Of Family Norms & Value , Don't try to be different.  Just be good.  To be good is different enough

5. asmaiftikhar profile image77
    asmaiftikharposted 6 years ago

people of pakistan are proud of their culture and desi food.

6. Tracey Khan profile image61
    Tracey Khanposted 6 years ago

Korea is proud of it's culture, heritage and food!

7. profile image54
    franksantosposted 6 years ago

Being from Guam, I would have to agree with some of the responses about being proud about their culture, heritage, and food.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image82
      tirelesstravelerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hafa  Adai
      Pickled papaya from a little truck looking out on Agana Bay.

8. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

We are proud about the safety we have & family values.

9. profile image0
    Saugasfinestposted 6 years ago

i think they love their gold cause i always see even in the poorest parts of the country, people are rocking gold chains and rings or at least a gold cap! Lol

10. Lilith Eden profile image67
    Lilith Edenposted 6 years ago

German's are ridiculously proud of their soccer team, beer, and traditions. I'm a pretty typical German in those respects.

11. SportsAgencyblog profile image55
    SportsAgencyblogposted 6 years ago

We are proud of being hospitable and hardworking people. We also have a lot of interesting tourist spots that other citizens love to visit.. PHILIPPINES

12. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

This question made me very sad. My country used to be free. You were free to express your ideas and be treated civilly. Now if you don't agree with people they shout and call you names.  They tell you to be tolerant, but won't listen to what you have to say.  I used to be proud of the religious freedom my country had, but there isn't any freedom anymore.  You can go to church, but your ideas aren't valid outside of the church, Christians and Jews are non people now in this country. I went to an anniversary event September 11.  There were people there who were civil to people that didn't hold their point of view.  They were kind to the people they met regardless of what they looked like.  Those are the kind of people who make me proud of my county.

13. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I am in the US, so I don't feel that I can speak for the whole country -- I've never even been to most of it, and am in a very back-water place -- so I will speak for my state. I am in Wyoming in the US, and here they are most proud of rugged individuals, the freedom to bear arms (it occurs to us that most enslaved countries have had an unarmed populace), and good old-fashioned morals and ideals. My husband came here from Alaska, and his theory is that most Wyomingites never go anywhere, so the mindset hasn't changed for a few hundred years tongue.

14. melodyts profile image58
    melodytsposted 6 years ago

In US we are proud of our beaches. Many people love to swim during summer time.

15. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 6 years ago

For both Malaysia and Singapore, probably racial harmony and food smile We are foodies at heart!

16. Sakurai Masaki profile image55
    Sakurai Masakiposted 5 years ago

I am a japanese. We love cherry blossoms. Soon They will bloom. They are realy beatiful.

working