Last month was my BEST month ever on HP:

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (75 posts)
  1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 12 years ago

My September earnings on HP amounted to more than $1,300. That includes Adsense, HPads, and Amazon sales. IF (notice - big if) this continues, hubby will be able to retire soon, which has been my goal all along.

Last November and December, I think I made around $1,200 for each of those months, due mainly to a lot of Christmas sales on Amazon. Of course, the scary thing is that I never know when my traffic/earnings might disappear overnight. I'm not under any illusions that this couldn't very well happen.

1. sidds123450 profile image60
      sidds123450posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations habee, that's a huge success. May you earn more and get your plans come true smile

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Sidds. I hope your wish comes true! lol

2. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't do much with Amazon, and I don't have HP ads on; but September was an all-time high for me too.  October is super-young, but it's looking awfully good to me right now and so far.  (It looks to me as if I could hit an October total of $50 by the end of today.  I've turned into a kind of OCD-type with my watching to see what's happening with it from hour to hour.  smile   It's kind of fun for now anyway.)

The "disappearing-overnight thing" looms for me as well.   hmm  In the meantime,  I'm pretty encouraged.   Congratulations on getting close to that retirement you folks must be looking forward to.

1. habee profile image91

That's awesome, Lisa! Maybe we need to start a support group for those of who fear plunging.

3. Pratibha Niroula profile image58
      Pratibha Niroulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

congrats! habee u made a great success.

1. Pratibha Niroula profile image58
        Pratibha Niroulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. habee profile image91

Thanks, Pratibha!

4. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It should be noted that habee writes well researched hubs with proper grammer and spelling.

Habee, it is good to see someone doing well on HP. Your hard work is paying off.

1. habee profile image91

Thanks for that, Keith!

5. BradyBones profile image81
      BradyBonesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Habee! Posts like this are very encouraging. I've been writing online for a couple years now and the most money I've made has come from Helium and Triond.

Helium always bothered me with their revenue-sharing ransom tied with rating articles, but the old system of upfront payments was nice before it changed and getting a content sale bonus was really cool when it happened. Triond has only paid off for a few very specific articles.

That said, I've been getting really excited about HubPages lately, even though I've been a member for three years now. It's actually kind of odd, this excitement started when the site was still suffering from the Panda changes. I've since encouraged my wife to start writing some hubs centered around her expansive knowledge about gluten free cooking she's developed as a result of her thyroid issues.

Anyway, long story short... congratulations, and it's good for the community  to see that there is success on HubPages and that results can be achieved with a bit of hard work and dedication.

Good on ya!

6. ma45frost profile image74
      ma45frostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's fantastic!  Good luck to you.

7. jfay2011 profile image61
      jfay2011posted 12 years agoin reply to this

wow, that's cool.  I'm making it to sixty cents and I think I'm going to start writing a lot more and see what happens.  who knows.  Would like it if it could become a parttime job of some sort.

8. Erin Boggs1 profile image76
      Erin Boggs1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful and I find it to be inspirational. Hopefully your traffic just doesn't up and disappear over night as you are a talented writer

2. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

This is wonderful news habee. I hope it keeps growing like crazy.

Can you start something else online as well to give you some added income and move some eggs into another basket?

1. habee profile image91

I have some other sites, but they're still young.

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congrats! smile big_smile

Good news is always great to hear! smile big_smile

1. habee profile image91

Thanks, Cags. It sure beats the heck out of bad news, huh??

4. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Hollie I'm definitely rootin' for you.  That would be fantastic if your husband could retire.  I know you write on some other sites too.  Do you have any eBooks yet?  I'd like to try that, but don't have time to research right now.

1. habee profile image91

I've thought about ebooks and print books. In fact, I've been working on a novel, but I got sidetracked when I began making money on Helium, HP, and by writing for others. Perhaps if/when my residual income stabilizes, I can get back to my novel! lol

1. rmcrayne profile image91
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A novel sounds exciting.  If anyone can do it, you can.  I don't have any fiction in me I don't think.  Maybe extremely brief short stories smile

1. habee profile image91

Lol, thanks for the vote of confidence! Actually, my novel is a frame story that contains several true stories about my family.

5. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

That's wonderful, Habee - isn't it great when your hard work pays off?

There has an awful lot of the "blues" on HP for the past months and I think it's time to let some of the good news out as well.

I'm not in the league that you and Lisa are, but last month was the best I've ever seen as well.  Without actually adding it all up, I've probably earned around $1200 on HP since I started in June '10 and very nearly $500 of that was last month.  It was more than last Nov. and Dec. combined and those were spectacular months for a newbie. 

Yes, the threat of a plunge and loss of that kind of income lies ahead of us, and I truly wish those that have suffered that plunge could celebrate as well, but for now it really IS possible to make money on HubPages!

1. habee profile image91

Hey, that's certainly nothing to sneeze at, Wilderness!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope - it's made me a very happy hubber. smile

6. MM Del Rosario profile image88
    MM Del Rosarioposted 12 years ago

Congratulations Habee, Well done !!! i am also very happy with my earnings last month...I hope October brings a lot of hits and clicks for everyone.

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

I was gonna say there's kilometers of smiles here for you Hollie - yet you folk in the US still use that Imperial measurements type stuff - So I say there's a mile of smiles lol

Im not a religious sort - but I do have faith or at least a very positive attitude that the site was going to turn around and we were all going to see improvements again. Then we were going to see some results in the positive, at least at the level of, or near like it was for us all 12 months back.

It helps to never have all of ones eggs in one basket and having the 'love' spread around is always a good thing.

I am always gladdened by hearing about how sites like HubPages are helping people in a financial way. For you Hollie - your husband may indeed have a chance to retire, that's awesome and incredible.

Some may say Magic Happens - Well I just reckon all good things come to those who wait - and write a few hundred hubs and promote them a little and have other blogs and use other income sharing open platforms and sell stuff on eBay....... smile

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Rosario, glad you have some good news to share, too!

Jase, your last paragraph made me smile. My hubby is 11 years my senior, and he really needs to retire!

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Habee, that really is fantastic.  Shows what is possible with a little hard work and determination.  I also had my best ever month here on Hubpages, for the first time I actually made some decent money on Amazon, I should reach my first payout this month.  I also did very well on Adsense.  Only joined Hubpages last christmas so this will be my first time seeing a seaonal rise, or hoping to see one anyway.  Can't wait.

1. habee profile image91

That's great, Andy! Last Nov. and Dec. were awesome, and if this year is the same, you should be in for a treat!

1. andyoz profile image86
          andyozposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yay :-)

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your more than welcome Hollie smile

9. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Last month was a personal record for me as well. smile If all goes well, I could make 400-500 dollars this month, but it depends on my CPM and traffic trends.My CPM could of been better in Sept.

Ultimately, I would love to make 1000 dollars in a month eventually.

Last fall, I was a noob during the holidays. I don't know what the holidays are like at my current level.

1. habee profile image91

David, when I first joined HP, my goal was the same as yours - to make $1,000 a month. I've surpassed that number at least 3 months, but it hasn't been consistent.

10. Ddraigcoch profile image74
    Ddraigcochposted 12 years ago

Habee that is fabulous news, congratulations. I hope you do have the chance of your husband retiring.

I look forward to the day when I can say I am earning half that amount.

Spend it wisely and hope this month is larger.x

1. habee profile image91

Really appreciated!

11. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

Congrats Habee. You really do deserve this for your hard work. And because of your perseverance and determination, you will achieve what you so desire.
    Best of luck.

1. habee profile image91

Viryabo, I think my hubby would say I'm hard-headed and stubborn, but I like your description better! lol

12. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

That is fantastic! You are such a great example of one who really knows how to use your life experiences including your teaching background to produce informative, useful hubs! Thumbs up, Habee! Congrats!

1. habee profile image91

Awww...thanks, Bek!

13. leahlefler profile image93
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

What happy news! Thanks for sharing - I love hearing success stories! I hope your arrows stay red and the income keeps rolling in!

1. habee profile image91

Leah, we can certainly agree on that one. I want all hubbers to do well!

14. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

Congrats Habee. You deserve the success  I know how good you are and I'm  proud of you and your goals.

1. habee profile image91

What a nice thing to say! Thanks!

1. pinkdaisy profile image60
        pinkdaisyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Habee - I hope it continues for you smile

Do you know when the Hubpages pay day is?

1. habee profile image91

I got mine last week, Daisy.

1. pinkdaisy profile image60
            pinkdaisyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

15. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago

How many views does it take to make $500 a month! These amounts are fine if you have a monster audience. I could use a chart that would give some ideas for my nonexistent marketing program.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Impossible to say.  It might take one hubber 30,000 views to earn that much and the next might need 60,000 or more views.

16. Pratibha Niroula profile image58
    Pratibha Niroulaposted 12 years ago

u r welcome

17. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

That is marvelous Habee, you so deserve it. I have never hit that much yet, and my best is only about $300 in a month. Mind you, I see you put a load more hours in than I do purely based on the amount of Hubs you have published. As you know I moved or deleted over 70 of mine after Panda! Those hubs I moved will take time to recover in the SERPS in their new homes.

1. habee profile image91

May your hubs be happy and blessed in their new homes!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I hope so Habee smile Thanks

18. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Good for you Habee and I hope that your success continues as you deserve it as you have put in so much hard work.

It is all good to know that there are still hubbers who are enjoying great success! smile

1. habee profile image91

Thanks, CM. How are your hubs doing?

19. manthy profile image61
    manthyposted 12 years ago

Congrats - I am happy for you.
    Look like you on a roll ;0)
    Keep it going

1. habee profile image91

Many thanks, Manthy!

20. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 12 years ago

Congrats!!!!  I hope to someday earn a fraction of what you earn a month.  I am finally getting to the point where I earn regularly every month.  It isn't a lot yet, but I am having the best month ever, so far this month.  I am excited, and hope it continues.  Best wishes to all this month, and in the future!!

1. habee profile image91

Good for you, Anna Marie!

21. Charles James profile image68
    Charles Jamesposted 12 years ago

I am not in your league yet Habee but recently Hubpages is coming up trumps. Three months ago I was not earning $1 a month. In September I was on $2, and October is running at 10c a day, or $3 a month. You have ten times as many hubs as me, so if I had that number of hubs I would be looking at $30 a month.

Your hubs are clearly better income generators than mine, so before I rush to write another 700 hubs I am going to spend some time looking at why your hubs are so successful.

1. habee profile image91

Charles, I honestly think part of it is luck (and maybe prayer!). I do very little backlinking, and you'll find I have a good many hubs that were written just for fun. I never know which of my hubs are going to be earners. lol

22. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 12 years ago

Looks like I picked a great time to come back and be active here.

You are a very hard worker habee and we all know that.  I hope you have continued success and you and your hubby can see your dreams come true,

Dale

23. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing your good news with us, Habee.
    It's really good to know that HP is really, really working for those who work it.
    You inspire me.
    MM

24. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 12 years ago

Best month for me as well. good to see you doing so well, habee. But I guess that's what happens for someone who works as hard as you, producing the kinds of hubs that people really want to read. I was so bummed out after the 1st panda plunge. So glad things are looking up. You are a real inspiration. Must write more hubs.

25. HikeGuy profile image71
    HikeGuyposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! I hope it continues growing at a good rate so you achieve your goal of your husband's retirement in the near future.

This was such good news to read today. I was especially encouraged when I read your comment about little backlinking and writing many of them just for fun.

I was getting so fried on writing for clients, coming back to HubPages has given me a place to play a bit. I've been working my next hub -- I'm two days into it, absorbed, happy, having more fun writing than I have in a long time -- writing about the expanding universe. So, thanks for giving me hope that this may work out somewhere down the line... and that maybe I won't have to spend too much time on the promoting end of it... Makes me so happy.

26. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

Fantastic, I hope it continues for you. I hope to see that amount some day. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the wonderful outcome.

27. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

best months ever, Habee?  congrats! and if I had voted, you would have gotten mine!  best hubber Habee!

28. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Well done. smile

I hope it encourages those who are thinking of quitting.

29. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

Well done indeed, with the great articles you write and pimp, there is no reason why anybody else as talented as you can't make a decent income at the Hubs, it's there for those who really want it. Congratulations, you are deserving of it.

30. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 12 years ago

You guys warm the cockles of my heart!! (Are the cockles in the atria??)

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ooooooh cockles - takes me back to my childhood eating cockles in Grimsby.....yummy!

31. Cortezmeow profile image60
    Cortezmeowposted 12 years ago

Congrats. I am new to hubbing. There is a lot of info to know.

32. healthywholefoods profile image54
    healthywholefoodsposted 12 years ago

Hey, that's super. I just got started and have a lot to learn. I will be checking out your hubs to see how you do it. You are quite the inspiration. Thanks.

33. seanorjohn profile image72
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

That is great news You're obviously writing stuff people want to read. WELL DONE.

34. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)