jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

When Crazy people go on Vacation....

1. bonnebartron profile image78
    bonnebartronposted 7 years ago

So I love to travel, been all over this world.... You know the normal places...Germany, France, England, Switzerland, Holland.... IRAQ. I've seen quite a bit, and been called a number of names for my trips... Crazy, Brave, Stupid.... A Mental Health providers dream....  You know, all that fun junk, but now I'm curious to see if there are any other people like me out here... People who just want to see, experience and know first hand.... Anyone?

1. camlo profile image89
      camloposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes! That's why I took a little trip to Russia in 1983. I was in Moscow, Leningrad and Yalta. It was an amazing experience back then, but everyone thought I was crazy. Some were even worried I'd never return.
      In 1987 I took one of my little trips to Germany, and I'm still here ...

bonnebartronposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOVES!

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

What's so crazy, brave, and stupid about going on trips?

3. bonnebartron profile image78
    bonnebartronposted 7 years ago

Very good question, It's about planning, or lack there of, and allowing the universe to direct your path, kinda like walking around in a field too full of life to see the bored monotony that creates the path of simple planning. And I guess my choice of destinations are not always of the most.... safe...

4. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

Well, I think it's cool.  I dig that kind of stuff, and hope to do some traveling like that myself one day.

bonnebartronposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, and you totally should! Just go for it, life is about living and why not live in the most intense places possible!?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yes - but on a motorcycle. that's exciting 4 me.

5. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

YES!!!!!!

I'm crazy & I don't care & I'm a mental health provider too!  Heck fire, I just posted about a cattle drive I'm going on.

I love to go to out of the way places. I plan to go to Machu Picchu in the next couple of years.

Heck wouldn't you love to go to an uncharted island? I would!  Cocos Island, here I come!

6. Daniel Carter profile image79
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

I love travel. I went to the UK in my 20's and didn't have the opportunity to go back until a last minute trip to Italy, March of 09. Now that the family is raised, and I'm trying to rebuild my life, I'm hoping that I can do some traveling and experience cultures and people all over the planet. I'm amazed and curious.

7. Buck Steiner profile image60
    Buck Steinerposted 7 years ago

I went to Grenada for my senior trip!

Fast roped out of a helicopter, coulda done without all the rounds being fired at me!

I didn't get a Tshirt.

8. elayne001 profile image66
    elayne001posted 7 years ago

People said that of me also when I moved to the South Pacific. Why would you want to leave your home and go to another country? I do not regret traveling and even moving there. It was the best thing for our family and I learned so much about other cultures. It also made me appreciate what we have in America. I'm sure you also gained so much from your experiences.

working