jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How many here use Orbitz for travel?

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Well I just got my very own Christmas present! I have a Orlando Disney tourist site. Up to now I could not find an affiliate for all those Disney hotels, cruises and Disney vacation packages.

Disney itself does not offer that, not to little fish like me anyways.

I finally found a good one, Orbitz! I love how the site is set up, and I can deep link right to the Disney hotels and so on.

I was just wondering, how many people here have ever used Orbitz travel site? Would you use them to book a Disney hotel or package? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks! smile

2. Aya Katz profile image87
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

Travelocity is the only one I've ever used. How did you get the deal with Orbitz?

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Orbitz can be joined up by using linkshare, which I just joined.
      http://www.linkshare.com/

They have a very nice Disney section that looks nice, exactly what I was looking for. I have many Disney hotel articles just linking to the direct Disney links.

So now I'm changing them all to the Orbitz links, might as well get paid! smile

1. Aya Katz profile image87
        Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How long did it take you to get approved by Orbitz?

Once I signed up with linkshare and applied to Orbitz they approved me in about 2 days. I think it helps if you have a travel type of site of course.

They offer deep linking, going right to each hotel, cruise, airline and so on. I love doing that rather then a generic home link. smile

3. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

Tend to look at all the travel sites. There are probably 20 of them. I use whichever one has the best price. It's different every single time.

Sounds like you do your homework. Thanks for letting me know. smile

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wink

4. Edwin Clark profile image83
    Edwin Clarkposted 6 years ago

I usually use Orbitz for hotels if I'm traveling within the United States. Otherwise I wouldn't use them for hotels in Asia or Europe. Instead I book hotels in those regions with hotel agencies that have offices there.

For plane tickets I just book directly with airlines because I find the prices are just about the same with travel search engines.

5. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

How very clever of you to get your own Xmas present! smile

Nearly forgot to answer your question.  I use a variety of sites for online bookings but that's not one of them.  I'll take a look at it though.

working