jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

why kerala is famous for?

1. wilsontom profile image47
    wilsontomposted 6 years ago

some reason why tourist are now rapidly visiting kerala which is known as god's own country?

1. webgain profile image57
      webgainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kerala is famous for culture and beautiful sight seeing views.

2. Don Ship profile image65
    Don Shipposted 6 years ago

It's full of greenery! It's a wonderful place to visit, anytime. I've already visited about 3 times.

1. travelespresso profile image80
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WOW - three times!  What places do you recommend in and around the region?  I'm thinking about going there soon so if you have some suggestions they'd be much appreciated.

1. Don Ship profile image65
        Don Shipposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Munnar, Wayanad, Thekkady, Cochin, and Thrissur! I loved Munnar and Wayanad especially. They are 2 of the most beautiful places in the world! Thekkady is probably the best place in Kerala to observe wildlife! Hope that helped. Cheers! smile

Nice to have some places to start but I need to do a lot more research.  What are the best beaches DS?

1. Don Ship profile image65
            Don Shipposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kovalam Beach is one of the best beaches in India, it's very beautiful! Varkala Beach, located at about 40 km from Thiruvananthapuram, is situated near a 2000-year-old temple and a popular Ayurvedic treatment center. This one is very beautiful too. Attracts a lot of tourists. So, that makes it 2 of them. These are the only 2 beaches I've been to, in Kerala, i.e. There are a few more of them I guess!

Thanks so much DS.  I'll check them out.

3. superwags profile image79
    superwagsposted 6 years ago

The backwaters! I spent a week on a houseboat. Absolutely awesome!

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I haven't even heard of it 3 times yikes

What part of Godzone - NZ is it in TE? hmm

Oh too funny PD!  New Zealand is fantastic but there are some other great places in the world!

2. Thriller profile image70
      Thrillerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's in India

5. Trsmd profile image56
    Trsmdposted 6 years ago

Nayar kada Chaaya...

6. Fullstopindia profile image60
    Fullstopindiaposted 6 years ago

Beaches, Backwater houseboats, spice gardens, ayurvedic massage, rubber trees, bird sanctuaries, hiking, seafood and lungis!

7. Rakesh Krishnan profile image62
    Rakesh Krishnanposted 11 months ago

Kerala is famous for its cuisine, the culture, the weather, the back waters and the forests. The  backwaters are the most iconic perhaps and if you plan to take that route, do visit the Ashtamudi lake - a truly unique one. Also, you can find great rooms here at the fully loaded Raviz (http://theraviz.com/)
    hotel.

working