jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Italian Food

1. The LEAP man profile image60
    The LEAP manposted 6 years ago

Best Italian food

1. solar10 profile image61
      solar10posted 6 years agoin reply to this

tried a kind of Italian food, it was very good, but not sure the name

2. matherese profile image59
    mathereseposted 6 years ago

Spaquetti Bolognaise

3. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 6 years ago

All home cooked Italian Pizza made in italy by an italian. Also fresh pasta. Not out of a packet boil in a pan pasta but proper freshly made, home cooked italian pasta cooked from fresh flower in home made italian mean and tomato sauce. My favorites there.

4. 2uesday profile image83
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Italians say the best Italian food is made by their mother/mamma.

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
      MPG Narrativesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Too true! I can vouch for that big_smile

5. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I made an Italian dish the other night called shrimps fontina that is shrimps and artichoke hearts in a marinara sauce with fontina and parmesan and it was so fabulous I want more now! I got the recipe from a Sunset Magazine book on Italian cooking -

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years agoin reply to this

..that sounds tasty...

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

..italian is one of my favourite foods...i make my own gnocchi a few times a year...and one day will try my hand at other pasta...have assisted but haven't attempted it on my own...yum...yum....

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

omg!  cannolini!!!

...ha ha ha...yea!....i luv making it...i just wanna figure out how to make the fresh pasta myself!

...i forgot....Hey Mega!

2. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

it's really simple - important to use part semolina flour and part hard wheat white flour - eggs - olive oil and a little water.  It isn't necessary to have a machine altho it helps to use one to make it very flat and thin and they are not expensive (the little ones)  Then you dry the pasta a little and make it into noodles or raviolis or flat pasta for cannolini and lasagna, etc.  It really makes such a difference to have home made pasta.  I'm not even hungry right now, but I could eat Italian food all the time, any time of day.  If I had the chance - but I'd weigh about 400 lbs! hmm

...now that sounds simple...butttt.....i've used one of my italian friend's pasta makers...she came over to my place and cooked up an italian storm....it was great....i helped and learned as much as i could.

i'll check that out (above) - i'm really after making the flat pasta - like cannoli and roll it up with something tasty in it......omg!.....i'm getting hungry

i also find the fresh pasta doesn't seem to be as 'heavy' on the system after eating it the way the dry stuff seems to.

thanks!

1. The LEAP man profile image60
            The LEAP manposted 6 years agoin reply to this

wow its great to see such a discussion on Italian food.

I like making pasta by hand its immensely satisfying

working