jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

More hub stats.

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I have been away for a while. I was just looking at my hub stats and I was shocked to see one of my hubs approaching 40,000 views. What's weird is, some of my older hubs have yet to break 500. I have not been able to check my earnings, but doubt it's anything substantial based on $5.00 at 20,000 views.
    But, I'm not really doing this to earn money anymore, as it seems useless unless you have a zillion hubs, and a zillion page views.

I would like to write more hubs, but with snail dial-up. It's not easy. I hope to get high speed again someday. Maybe I should invest in a cheap labtop, and find an internet cafe. Does anyone write outside their homes? Or at the library?

Any comments would be welcome.

Oops. Should have post this in the Hubbers hangout.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't need a zillion hubs. And be careful on shared computers with Adsense - you are only allowed one Adsense per physical address.

2. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice to see you again, Bri. I do take my laptop to the library to work quite frequently. I have a comfortable home office, but sometimes I just need a change in atmosphere. Besides, the library is just a couple of blocks away, so it's a good excuse to take a walk.

The other thing I like about writing at the library is that if I need to research something or have a question, I can actually look it up in a real book with pages and everything. smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I take my laptop with me to all kinds of places. My teen daughter volunteers at our town's tiny library and I'll often sit in the car and use the library's wifi from their parking lot while she is helping out with their toddler story time. (I would go inside but 20 toddlers in a small one-room building is not a great environment for working, LOL.)

I have found that many of the places where I must spend time have wifi. Most McDonald's do, as do many other restaurants and also the music studio where my kids take lessons. Also the gymnastics gym where I feel like I live half my life has wifi. Most of the places where I have to take my kids and sit around waiting have wifi, which gives me extra time to accomplish things online.

If there is no wifi, I write in Word while I'm sitting around waiting somewhere. If we take a family roadtrip, I bring the laptop and write for hours while my husband drives. Just about every hotel we've stayed in has wifi. l love my laptop and it has been a great investment so far.

3. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 4 years ago