jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Can't feature some hubs in my profile

1. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

From time to time I go to edit my profile and change the hubs that I want to feature. I have noticed that not all of my published hubs are available in that list. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know why this could be happening? Is there some restriction for which hubs can be featured and which cannot?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are a few possibilities.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#HubsOnProfile

1. The Hubs are idle and you have not enabled the option to display idle Hubs in your profile.

2. As @SmartAndFun mentioned, Hubs without suitable images are also not available for the featured Hubs on your profile.

Are either of these cases applicable to the Hubs about which you are asking?

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I believe hubs without at least one photo do not have the option of being featured. Would that explain it?

lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well if that is the case... all my hubs have at least one photo...

2. lovebuglena profile image90

I now see that photos have to be at least 200x150 pixels. Maybe the hubs not available in the list are not that pixel size... Though wonder how I can figure out what size they are...

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can do a right click on the photo and inspect the element or properties, depending on which browser you may be using. I just tried it on Chrome and it is "element" there.  As you look down to the bottom of the page you will see the line that is associated with the photo highlighted and the size will be within that line.

3. lovebuglena profile image90
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

I see one hub in the list of hubs to feature that I didn't see before. It didn't have a picture till recently. So that's why it wasn't showing up. I wonder if others had same issue.

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

I'm glad you started this discussion because I'm not too familiar with my new profile page yet and I didn't even know I could change the featured hubs. Now I have a question for you how do I change my featured hubs?

You have to click Edit Profile and when you scroll down there is a section that's called In the Spotlight. There you can select up to 6 different hubs to feature. Each spotlight has a drop down list that your published hubs. When you select the one you want go to the next spotlight until you select 6 hubs to showcase. Then click Save Changes and you are set. These hubs will be shown in your profile at the top. You can change the spotlighted/featured hubs as much as you want.

1. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
        Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.

You're welcome... The new profile is certainly better than the old one...

5. Sinea Pies profile image83
    Sinea Piesposted 4 years ago

Those who have been writing here for a while have some Hubs that have been marked as "sleepers". Zzzz. They need to be spruced up and refreshed to get them out of that category. Is it possible that the missing ones are marked Zzzz?

working