jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Google Analytics

1. MarleneBotha profile image76
    MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago

I have NO CLUE on what to do. I would like to sign up for Google Analytics.
    They ask you to paste the code to the pages you would like to track. I need help with this. Detailed help. Has anyone got a Hub on this, or would anyone be so kind to explain to me exactly what to do.

1. tamron profile image60
      tamronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wished I would have found this link when I was trying to connect http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sett … -analytics I hope this help!  There is screen shots that show you how?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Marlene.   If you're new to writing online, then there's one thing you need to learn.

Google Analytics, Adsense, Amazon, eBay or any other affiliate company have instructions on their site, telling you how to use their product.  All of them apply if you have your own website, where you have access to the HTML code or to widgets.   You don't have access to codes or widgets if you're on a revenue-sharing site like HubPages, so they have to use a different method, and each site will have its own way of doing things.   Which means the rule of thumb is, look in the site's Help or FAQ section and follow their instructions, not the supplier's.

2. Anonymous00 profile image77
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

You shouldn't have to be setting up pages individually when it comes to Analytics and Hubpages. It's automatic. Once you've registered for Analytics, with Adsense configured appropriately to allow and accept Hubpages, from here all you should need is your main Hubpages account link and Tracking ID (My Account/URL Trackers) this is the only code you would input into Analytics. All other set up is automatic. If you had your own webpage for instance, that is where you would require a Tracking ID for each individual inclusion.