jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Constructive criticism please:)

1. glockr profile image62
    glockrposted 3 years ago

I just finished a hub on how leverage works when buying property. I's appreciate any comments pro or con and suggestions on improving it. Check it out and let me know what you think.

2. hawaiianodysseus profile image92
    hawaiianodysseusposted 3 years ago

Here is my two cents' worth of suggestion, glockr...

The Hub is very well-written, and the transitions from paragraph to paragraph are professionally done.

The ending is a bit abrupt, however, so see if you can work out an additional 4-6 sentences that might sew everything together for the reader.

In my humble opinion, it will enable your readers to make a smooth landing after reading a terrific article that sorta leaves them at the precipice of a cliff, hesitant to take the leap.

Thank you for the courtesy of asking for feedback. Good luck to you, sir!

3. kschang profile image90
    kschangposted 3 years ago

My problem with your hub is you didn't quite explain what exactly IS leverage. You just threw the term out there without definition, and then used example to show it works, but it's still not clear HOW it works.

I know how it works, but then I've read real estate and investment books.

You need to explain that leverage is the ability to use small amounts of money (i.e. down payment) and credit / debt to control much larger amount of assets. Then use a LEVER that allow a small force to move a large object. By using credit and the original amount of asset as leverage instead of full buyout, one gains both advantages AND disadvantages (that's another thing you didn't cover!)

Also, you need to put the numbers in a table. You need bullet points. The "bottom line". People don't really want to read text.

4. glockr profile image62
    glockrposted 3 years ago

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still working on a concluding paragraph so I haven't added it yet. I did add a brief description of what leverage is and tried putting some of the numbers into tables. Does the description make sense? What about the tables?

Thanks again for the input:)