jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Referral Trackers

1. Seckin Esen profile image90
    Seckin Esenposted 4 years ago

It's been 5 weeks I have been writing on hubpages, but I don't have any referrals yet. Do you have any referrals or  how effectively do you use "referal trackers"? What are your suggestions?

2. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Five weeks is nothing in the wait to get results from the trackers. Even when you have sign ups with them, sometimes the 'sign ups' do not write and publish hubs. Some people are more successful at this than others, I do not know the secret.

1. Seckin Esen profile image90
      Seckin Esenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the reply 2uesday. I haven't shared my referral link with anybody, yet. But I have had 140 referral views. There is no sign up yet. Is there any explanation why I have 140 referral views without sharing my referral link?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you linked to other hubs using the tracker or placed backlinks using it?  Either will produce referral views.

3. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I am not sure how that works and the only way I can think it happens is if you have added the HubPages widget to a blog or website and it has brought traffic to you hubs.

This is the piece HubPages has published on using the widget about your hubs -

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/HubP … or-Website

Your own tracker is embed in the widget, so any views it brings will form part of the tracker stats.

Apart from that, someone else might be able to think of how you got the 140 referral views.

4. Seckin Esen profile image90
    Seckin Esenposted 4 years ago

I have neither linked to any hubs using the tracker nor placed backlinks using it. I only created a widget and put in one of my blogs. It has only 5 clicks so far.

working