jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Publish/Unpublish

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

If I temporarily un-publish a featured hub in order to do an extensive revision, does it fall off the "featured" and go back into the 'pending hell' black hole when I bring it back?

I've done part of the revision, and left it published for now, but I really want to re-work the entire article, and as it stands with the current revision, it probably is worse than it was, because I now have repeating information.

2. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Nope! I've done this a bunch of times and they all stayed featured. It's the ones that are idled that have to go through the 'pending hell' when you republish them. Err...Anywho, you're all good! smile

1. writinglover profile image81
      writingloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My mistake! I was thinking of something else! smile

3. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hey DzyMsLizzy!

When you re-publish the Hub, it will go through the Pending period again, but it will not be given a noindex tag during that period (if it was Featured when you first un-published it), so you should be OK (so long as you don't do something to decimate the quality of the Hub, which could make the Hub's status go from Featured to not Featured).

One option that involves avoiding un-publishing the article would be to just extensively edit the Hub in  word processing document and then add all of your changes at once- changes are, nobody will see the changes as you implement them. big_smile

BTW, the threshold for being Featured for Featured Hubs that are edited is lower, so your chances of losing Featured status because you edited a Hub are VERY VERY low.

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah--thanks, Simone, for that very thorough explanation!
      Now, it just occurred to me to inquire whether there is a time limit for re-publishing to avoid the no-index penalty?

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And--P.S.--I just noticed 2 hubs with broken link warnings--they pointed to the hub I've un-published for re-editing.  For how long is it 'safe' to ignore those warnings, as the hub will be back, and the links working again???

OK--hub is re-published--did not fall off the featured list...and I cleaned up the links..BUT...the "broken link warnings"  will NOT go away, no matter how many times I refresh my stats page...and the links ARE working again....  mad

working