jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

I have been here a few days and have achieved a Hubber score of 0!

1. GwennyOh profile image85
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

I am not worried as I have read not to be, but is it common to hit a Hub score of 0?  It's a good thing that the Hub scores don't go into the negatives!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I looked at two of your hubs and they had been published elsewhere. Even if you are the author, you cannot post duplicate content to HubPages. That could be the reason for your score.

GwennyOhposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, that is odd, as they aren't published anywhere else.  I know because I wrote them.

Thanks I deleted it promptly as I published it.  I deleted it three times as it kept popping back up.  Here we go again.  Thanks.

And you have to wait a few days until articles are removed from Google too.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

No problem, and welcome to Hubpages.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
              Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just looked at Socyberty's terms of use - it says it takes a perpetual, irrevocable right to your articles so you can't delete them from that site. 

Did you publish it on Socyberty direct, or did you put it on Triond?   If you published it on Triond and they republished it to another site, I assume the copy won't disappear even if you delete it from Triond.

As UW said, Hubs have to be unique, not already published anywhere else (even if it's your own work).  HubPages checks by searching on Google, and it can take a few weeks for Google to "forget" an article after it's been deleted.

2. GwennyOh profile image85
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

Hi Marisa, no I haven't published anything directly to Socyberty.  No worries, they will take it off. 
    I hadn't realized how long to 'forget' is the issue here, that is that and Triond not having taken down all of the articles of mine they put out there.  Such is life I guess.  No worries, the article in question is unpublished here now.

working