jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)

Help Please: I can't get this hub to pass to publish

1. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 3 years ago
    1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The Hub is published... do you mean Featured? I see it is Pending now, but if it does not get Featured, try to meet the criteria of a Hub rated eight or above on this scale: hubpages.com/help/hub_hop_table#informational

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are 6 Amazon items listed on the hub. This might be a problem .I'd remove a couple. There are also a few grammatical mistakes in your sentences. Fix those too.
      I checked out the sodium content. It is 40% to high in toddler food, not 40% of the ingredients. They said baby food is less. Try these changes and good luck.
      www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Report-f … PPzHw.cspx

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

Possibly, because you are writing in the first person and about your own experience, it might be being marked down as purely personal?

That's the only obvious factor I can see.

1. barbat79 profile image76
      barbat79posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see some of the other remarks and I think it is the way in which one integrates their own experience into the hub as opposed to relying on their personal experience  Place experience into their hub that makes the difference..and that is the one word I can think of which stands out in my mind...it needs to be more integrated ie, xtatic makes a fair point only because it is not the prominent subject matter of the hub.  Your hub has great more potential   Go for it  Integrate the information and be sure the photos are representing and relaying the communication at hand...well  that is my take.   I am no expert myself  lol   It is much easier to see someone elses work and how to improve it as opposed to our own.   Thank you for sharing your hub!

3. xstatic profile image59
    xstaticposted 3 years ago

I hate to say this but I suspect it has to do with the breastfeeding photo?

4. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

If it does have to do with the breastfeeding photo please let me know. I have another account where I have several breastfeeding articles and they have never had a problem. They should have told you why they wouldn't publish. In the past I have always had good luck with emailing moderators to see if they could explain.

5. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

There seems to be some grammar and sentence structure issues.  You might run it through a grammar checker or have someone else proof it.  Sometimes it's hard to see our own mistakes.

6. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to look at my hub everyone!

7. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago

Just as an asides, you do realize that most of the information you are giving in that hub is inaccurate, contrary to established medical advice and potentially harmful to infants... right?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It did occur to me that a baby food with "40% sodium" would be a salt lick.  I think you mean "40% of... [something]", maybe recommended daily intake?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I was referring more to feeding a one month old infant anything but breast milk/formula.  In some cases rice cereal is used for treating reflux, but never so a mom can get some extra sleep.

It leads to increased food allergies, digestive problems and overweight children.  In addition, there is the minor factor that a month old baby hasn't the muscle control or swallowing ability to handle thick fluids and is far more likely to choke and/or aspirate the mixture.

As far as the sodium, USDA sodium intake on infants is very, very low... so even with no additional salt certain vegetables could reach 40 percent of DA.  The likelihood of home-made foods being significantly lower than that is low.

Now that being said, I do feed my kids home-made baby food... after they are six months old.  I do the whole cooked with no added salt/fat/organic single food for three days (to ensure no allergies or at least to pinpoint allergies if they happen to occur) before introducing a new food for 3 days.  I never give baby food in a bottle, it's too thick to be drank.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My point is she didn't write "of DA".  She wrote the food was 40% salt.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
            MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I missed that. smile Yes, that would be fairly bad for an infant... or an adult... or most wildlife.

8. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Strongly personal, grammar and punctuation issues and poor-quality arguments/evidence are strongly-compelling reasons when combined for not featuring a Hub.

9. VVanNess profile image89
    VVanNessposted 3 years ago

I think everyone covered the main points I was going to make.
    1) The breastfeeding photo was probably the main reason.
    2) You have serious grammar issues throughout your piece.
    3) It's very choppy and repetitive, like mentioning the word "breastfeeding" how many times in just one section?
    4) No paragraphs or organization, just individual sentences.
    5) Lots of opinion and it's obvious you did no research to back any of it up. You even say I don't know many times in your posting. Do the research and then you'll know.
    6) I would simply make sure that you have fulfilled the criterion they give you at the top right hand side of your article when you are in the process of creating it. (3 photos, at least 1250 words, at least 2 polls, videos, graphs, tables, etc.)

I hope this helps! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

10. Rebecca Furtado profile image76
    Rebecca Furtadoposted 3 years ago

This reply helps me. Great reply. Ok what about editing software. Does anyone use it? Does it help?

1. VVanNess profile image89
      VVanNessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it's needed. I simply set up my computer to spell and grammar check everything I do. As I type my articles, my spell and grammar checker makes sure I'm right in line every time.

11. barbat79 profile image76
    barbat79posted 3 years ago

I heard your call,Tamron! I read your hub and posted a few ideas..ones that had helped me in writing.
    Take care!

12. Becca's Blog profile image60
    Becca's Blogposted 3 years ago

Um seems I am not adept at using my word process software.

1. VVanNess profile image89
      VVanNessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's why they all have a help section and a tutorial for you!

13. Jenna Estefan profile image95
    Jenna Estefanposted 3 years ago

I don't think that it's the breastfeeding photo that's the problem because I have a hub with a breastfeeding photo as the featured picture of the hub. Like everyone else suggested, edit and correct grammatical errors.

Also, double check your information. For example, there is no way that baby food could be 40% salt or you would literally barf after eating a spoonful of that stuff. Trust me, I accidentally made coconut macaroons with salt instead of sugar and it was horrible haha. Are you sure it didn't say that store bought baby food has 40% of the daily allowance of sodium for babies?

I agree with Baraba as well, try to cut back on your listings in 1 capsule. I read that one product per capsule is ideal, I would try to cut back to 2-3 listings at most.

Another point that might help is to consider adjusting your title to make it more search-friendly, so something that people would type into a google search. For example, try How to Make Homemade Baby Food or Why Is Homemade Baby Food Better than Store Bought?

I like peeples suggestion as well. You can always try emailing the moderator and ask them specifically what the problem is. The rating scale that Simone Smith posted is a good guide to follow.

Good luck!