jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Spoiler Alerts and a way to hide them

1. Boots Iacono profile image83
    Boots Iaconoposted 3 years ago

I would like to write reviews for some games and movies that have moved me in one way or another.

Instead of just writing the words "SPOILER ALERT" it would be nice to be able to hide the spoilers unless the reader clicks on a button that says "SHOW THIS SECTION".

I hate spoilers... this is because whenever I see spoiler alert, I read them.  Unless, of course there is a button there that gives me the option to display the spoiler... this would be a great option to add... a show/hide capsule option for all capsule types.

Just my two cents.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the suggestoin, Boots Iacono! My friends and I talk about this issue online (in general) a lot, so I see where you're coming from. I don't think we'll have the bandwidth to build a custom solution for this right now, but I'll certainly bring it up in tomorrow's community meeting. smile

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey again Boots! Thought it does, indeed, look like we don't have the bandwidth to build a feature addressing this, you can definitely use the Quiz Capsule to hide spoilers behind a "yes" or "no" question (e.g. have you seen episode nine of Battlestar Galactica yet?).

Big thanks to Matt Meyer to thinking of that one. It's quite the simple and easy fix!

1. Boots Iacono profile image83
        Boots Iaconoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, that's a great idea... thank you.

2. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 3 years ago

Although the Quiz Capsule is probably better for a movie spoiler alert, I used the thumbnail feature of the Photo Capsule to achieve a similar effect to obscure the answer key for a crossword puzzle (Plumber's Toilet). I needed to give two versions depending on whether someone was doing the puzzle online or had printed it out. I describe the technique in more detail in my hub, "Photo Capsule Advanced Techniques" http://howards.hubpages.com/hub/Photo-C … _16337598.

working