jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Mailing address problem with Adsense

1. The Real Tomato profile image79
    The Real Tomatoposted 7 years ago

I am trying to start an Adsense account. When filling out the address section of my info. I included my physical and mailing address (which is a po box) You see, I am living in the mountains and mail does not get delivered to our homes. The system said I could not include a po box. Any mail sent to my physical address is automatically returned to sender.
    Has anyone come across this dilema? Do they need a valid mailing address?

Regards, The Real Tomato

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My mailing address is a PO Box and has been for over a year but they may have changed the rules or it may be different for a US non-US address . I see no info about it on the help pages either.

They have never mailed me anything AFAIK - I don't have checks - I get paid direct to a  bank a/c - but they may nowadays verify an address.

If you cant get it to take a po box do you have trusted friend/family member whose address you could use preferably in the same state?

2. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 7 years ago

They mail your some code I believe which validates your address or at least that is what happened when I signed up. Why don't your just put down a friend or family members address for now.

1. 49er profile image80
      49erposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, they mail you a pin, which you have to enter into your adsense account before they will send you a check.

I would agree with seamist that the Adsense forum would be a good place to begin. They have a contact form, where you can email them, but they will only let you email them for a specific set of problems. I am not sure if this one would be eligible for email support.

Contact Form (has links to Forum as well): https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py

3. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Recently I was having problems accessing information about my earnings in adsense. Although it is almost impossible to speak to a live person about problems with Adsense accounts, you can post a comment in the Adsense forum. The first time I posted a comment in the forum, no one replied. After a couple of weeks, I reposted the question. A Google employee answered my question. He or she was a lifesaver. The advice worked perfectly. So, if your question is not answered on this forum, try the Adsense forum.

4. The Real Tomato profile image79
    The Real Tomatoposted 7 years ago

Thank you everyone. I needed this direction from you.
    (waving) Bye-Bye!