jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Potentially embarrassing grammatical blunder!

1. ThompsonPen profile image85
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

I just wrote an entire hub, full length with pictures and polls and everything - about Altars. Just happened to Google something where a link popped up talking about the difference between Alter, and Altar. Guess which one I had been writing! Thank you Google for that stroke of luck to save me from writing an ALTERnatively embarrassing hub!

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Haha, that's funny... don't feel bad. Mine was worse. I wrote a hub on "role playing" only my brain seemed to be hemorrhaging throughout certain parts of it. In some places I used the word "role" in others I used "roll". Someone asked if I was just trying to get past the censors. lol... It's weird how our brains at times have a mind of their own.

1. To Start Again profile image85
        To Start Againposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL Roll playing- sounds like what a kid would get in trouble for at the dinner table! lol

2. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You missed a couple. Check Section Titles and your description. N.B. You may want to include the altErnative spelling in your keywords because other people may be typing the other word, as you were.

2. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Ha ha, ThompsonPen. That is funny, but I'm glad you caught it in good time. It happens to the best of us. Keep on hubbin'.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I just did a browser search of the hub. There are still 10 of them. Hang in there! smile

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I don't understand the problem. It is patently obvious that altar and alter are two completely different concepts as well as two different grammatical forms.