Reporting is anonymous. Only the HubPages staff reads reports.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

If you report or flag a hub or question, is it anonymous, or does the person know who did the reporting or flagging?
    It would be a shame to have a retribution war started....

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is anonymous

2. Twilight Lawns profile image73
      Twilight Lawnsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aaaaarrghh!!!
      It's logged and shared around the whole of Hubpages and then the recipient comes round to your house and throws bricks through your windows and kicks your cat.
      Well, that's what happened to me!

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
        DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

yes, Twilight Lawns--exactly what I thought!  tongue

3. Camille Harris profile image87
      Camille Harrisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dear MsLzzy,

Millionaire Tips and Marisa Wright are correct (thanks for jumping in so quickly!). Hubbers never see when their content is reported, and are only notified of issues via our moderation emails.

We really appreciate when people bring rules violating content to our attention and would never allow these helpful actions to jeopardize your standing on HubPages.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

It's anonymous.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

Thank you both.

4. b4u2 profile image60
    b4u2posted 10 years ago

When I 1st signed up w/hub pages I got an email saying that I posted a photo that was reported to hubs mods, I haven't used my H-account for some time prior that repot etc...I didn't know what the hell they were talking about & I don't believe they even looked into the false bogus report! So if they are saying anyone can anonymously report us, then we have to fear our created accounts & all the contents we painstakingly w/much time will be suspended? Like Yahoo horrific users do in that site & is why I came back here? Must I create more accounts so this one has a chance to be protected? I too can destroy other users accounts to get even as s'well? I HOPE THE HELL NUT! K?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Everyone on the planet can report you, but if the content is appropriate it won't matter.  So I don't see the problem.

1. b4u2 profile image60
        b4u2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

As I stated on my post, I wasn’t inappropriate when they emailed me for improper content/photo…I have to go back a few years for the exactness. However my accusation didn’t appear to be validated, nor was I able to defend myself against the so said offensive- inoffensive material I never offered on my hub account. So therefore it’s apparent that one leapt before they punished me & looked…I do recall a user who was arrogant and obnoxious as hell is hot, so I hope they do look into these folks who can't play well w/others? lAnd ook b4u leap~

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

I didn't quite follow that explanation.  Are you saying your emails requesting clarification were ignored?   Or was the Hub reinstated after you queried it, proving the original flag was wrong?

1. b4u2 profile image60

Wow! I had a few problems getting back in my Hub account, however hubs fixed it right away. I am so very thankful, it was speedy too, Thanks hub team! My apology, I got confused w/this account for I have so many & I haven’t used this one in quiet sometime…It was the EP (Experience Project that I had those issues in. This one (Hubs) was a question I ask that got me in a little trouble responding to that question, that really happened to me. It referred to local government etc…and I received a phone call (bogus one) from the local *%-%# that I find it no coincidence beings it was the next day. That was a few years ago, my long-term memory is intact.(I think?)well most of it… I many not tell y’all what happened yesterday, but when I was born dada dee dada doe…lol

I still cannot tell what your claim is about this reported hub and the photo on it.  But if staff asked for something to show you were using a photo legally, that is their right as site owners.

Although as of right now, you don't seem to actually have any hubs?

1. b4u2 profile image60

I better have hubs! I had some a few yrs back! I do pray it's not all for nil. I wrttien many o'hubs & I hope they aren't lost. I did peak at my old quesstions/answer & work I created here, but didn't look at them extensively to see what is going on w/my older work & things. I also wanted to know if we could use our old hubs for "newer" updates ...like if we wanted to enter in the hubs writing contest, or just update to use as a feature item etc...thx for your reply's hon.

You have no featured hubs and one unfeatured hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

Just because you didn't understand what they were talking about, doesn't mean the report was wrong.  It's more likely that you're not aware of the rule you broke.

It's very common for an "illegal" photo to go unnoticed for months (or sometimes even years) after a Hub is published.  That's because certain things can't be picked up by the automated filters - things like pixelation or text, for instance.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)