jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

The Value or Otherwise of Cross Posting

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image97
    Jonathan Wylieposted 2 years ago

I was approached by a company who saw some of my hubs and was interested in cross-posting them to their own blog for their readers. They would include credits, links etc, but I was a little unsure of whether to do that or not.

On the one hand, it would be additional exposure for my hubs and my writing and would include back links to my work. But, on the other hand, I am wary that Google may punish one, or the other, for duplicate content.

Anyone have any ideas on this, or done this before with any success? What is your best advice?

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree with psycheskinner, if any of your content is anywhere else on the net it will get hit with a duplicate content slap.  If the company just wants to post a link, great, go for it!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The company is welcome to post a short original (not copying the Hub's text) summary and a link to your Hub, but as psycheskinner and SpaceShanty mentioned, we do not permit Hubs to be posted elsewhere online.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Duplicate content is not allowed on HubPages.

1. Jonathan Wylie profile image97
      Jonathan Wylieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good to know smile

3. Zingali profile image83
    Zingaliposted 2 years ago

If they write a paragraph in their own words and provide you with the credit, backlink, etc. it's actually solid for you. The real issue is " do you trust the company to do what they say they will do and credit/not steal your work"?

4. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

thats actually really flattering. the fact that they came to you first, rather than just stealing your content like many leaches would do shows that they are legit. i would take advantage of this opportunity to get more exposure!

5. merej99 profile image89
    merej99posted 2 years ago

Space Shanty and Zingali have great points.  If the site wants to back link to your original hubs that's great news for you!  If they have original copy that describes your hubs GREAT!  Make sure you double-check with Copyscape or you might get zapped.  Do your research on the site that sent you the request.