jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Getting Paid

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 2 years ago

I recently had a bad experience with Paypal, where someone hacked into my account and stole money.  I ended up closing that account, but it's that account that I hooked up to Hubpages.  Is there a way I can be paid without involving Paypal?  I would like Hubpages to mail me the check.  Would they do that?

1. SpaceShanty profile image91
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, you can only receive payment from HP via Paypal.  Why not open a new Paypal account and just use a very strong password and never reply to any emails from Paypal asking for information.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As @SpaceShanty mentioned, the only supported method of payment is PayPal.

You should be able to create a new PayPal account.
      I think they may not allow you to open a new one using the same email address as your previous one, but you may want to check with PayPal support to be sure.

I use PayPal's two factor authentication and highly recommend it for an additional level of security.  Anyone would need both the physical device that displays the key and your login credentials in order to access your account. You can also use your mobile device instead of the dedicated key device.

There is more information on PayPal's site.
      https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin?cmd=x … amp;bn_r=o

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Basically: no--for the payments originating from HP

3. Melinda Longoria profile image89
    Melinda Longoriaposted 2 years ago

Were you able to dispute the fraudulent activity on your paypal account? I've been selling on ebay since 2005. In those 9 years, I have had a handful of instances like you're describing. It's a part of doing business, I guess. There are some really dishonest people out there. But, every single time I have been able to dispute the case and paypal has reimbursed my money.

4. word55 profile image83
    word55posted 2 years ago

If you can't change it soon enough, transfer it immediately into your bank account as soon as money goes into the paypal acct.