I AM EXPRESSING MY SINCERE THANKS

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (41 posts)
  1. kenneth avery profile image79
    kenneth averyposted 9 years ago

I joined the ranks of HubPages three years ago and since that time, I have been blessed to learn how to write and how not to write hubs. All valuable information from the editors of HubPages and my cherished-followers.
    As of today, May 26, 2014, I have been blessed to have 1,000 followers. And I am without fitting words except . . . "thank you," to ALL of my first followers who stuck with me even with my physical diseases "act up," and I cannot write for days. You, dear followers in the beginning, are very-appreciated.
    I started a personal come-back a few weeks ago and yes, my health has not and will not improve, but I wanted ALL of my NEW FOLLOWERS to know from me that you are also cherished and appreciated.
    May God bless each of you with only good things.
    Sincerely,
    Kenneth Avery
    Hamilton, AL.

1. profile image0
      Prosperity66posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Should I thus wish you a happy Hubversary or heartfelt congratulations for that 1000th follower? Both maybe? Wishing you all the best in any way and thank you for thanking your followers. Great people make great communities smile

kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to you in a big, heartfelt way, Prosperity66.
        Friends started out as followers. I believe that. And I consider each one a gift from God. And if I should be so negligent of their choice of following me, and really show my ignorance of taking them for granted would be a sin to me.
        I could not stand that.
        Thanks, Prosperity66.
        Have a peaceful day and night.

2. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your 1000th follower Kenneth- may you go from strength to strength.

Best wishes
      Sally

Hi, salybea,
        I appreciate your nice comment. I would love to have as many followers as a Nikki, and I cannot draw her last name to mind, she has 2,184 followers. Wow. That is impressive.
        And sally, I want all good things to come to you today.
        Kenneth

3. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Kenneth. That's quite impressive!

Hi, bravewarrior,
        A sincere thanks to you for your kind words. May you have the best day that you have ever had.
        Kenneth

4. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's awesome that your writing has attracted so many interested readers! I think a hearty pat on the back would not go amiss. smile

Thank you very much, Christy. I appreciate the pat on the back. You are a sweet friend and hopefully, one of my followers.
        Peace.

5. joanveronica profile image68
      joanveronicaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kenneth, I'm one of your new followers. Very impressive record, 1000 followers, and well deserved, you've written some great Hubs! I used to be very active here, but now I'm concentrating on other events in my life, teaching is my main form of sustenance, I don't get any revenue from Hubpages at all, and I never will, can't get through Adsense approval. I still pop in and out, used to be level 6 commenter (I think! or was it level 5), but got demoted down to level 2. I don't know if I quite agree with this, I worked really hard on the "Welcome Waggon" while it still existed and never got much recognition for that. Anyway, I still consider many Hubbers to be my "friends on the internet" - a lovely community, of which yoiu are now a part. So keep at it, the only way to go is FORWARDS! All the best!

joanveronica,
        I know that a mere "thank you," is not sufficient, but right now, monetarily-speaking, it is the best that I can do. Thank you so much. Why were you demoted? I am asking just so if I am doing something unaware, I don't want this to happen to me. Are you sure you were demoted?
        Did you ever reach HP's $50 pay-out? I know another hubber who has said basically the same thing about not getting any revenue. I have asked her more than once how many hubs has she written and she says maybe 20 ore more, and she is a super-talent too.
        I do not remember a "Welcome Waggon." That was before I came on. I guess.
        And yes, you are my friend. Stay in touch with me. I am always interested in my followers' lives, interests, and other things.
        I stay at home due to my Fibromyalgia, Neurothopy, and Thrombosclorosis and I do not drive due to these diseases.
        HubPages is my connection to the world.
        Thanks so much, again, for following me and for being my friend.
        Kenneth

1. joanveronica profile image68

The "demotion" came about because I reduced my participation on HP, at least I think that was the reason. Nobody tells you anything, it's in the learner's pages or something, the commenter accolade is not permanent, you can drop, like I did. The funny thing is that when I was commenting like hell, I never went up past the level I achieved, I just stuck there. So I got fed up. And now I don't care anymore. As to making payout, no way at all, I've never made a cent there, without Adsense there is really nowhere to go on HP. I enjoy the community, I read the Hubs. I don't write there nowadays because I refuse to provide my work for free, especially as HP does make a couple of cents on my Hubs, their ads are OK, for Adsense on my Hubs but I can't qualify for Adsense on these same Hubs, Stupid, really. I'm so sorry about your health, I can understand, I'm an oldie and I nearly left this world over Xmas just a few months ago. I move around with a lot of difficulty now, and I suffer quite a lot of pain. I still managed to publish two ebooks just recently, have actually sold a few and I'm completing my third ebook, that provides me with some satisfaction, I DID IT! Not going to make millions, but it feels great. So see you!

6. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For me? I am confused. But sweet song. Just listened.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this
    7. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Kenneth, one cannot help but follow you. You're the most appreciative man I know, not to mention... you're a wonderful writer! Congratulations on having 1000 followers. You deserve everyone of them and more.

8. joanveronica profile image68

Hi again Kenneth so happy for you after reading all these wonderful posts! I do think they will go quite a long way to compensate for your physical problems. You are so right, the HP community is the best part of this site. That's one of the reasons I'm still here, although I'm no longer very active. Here's hoping you will see better days! A hug from far away Chile.

{{{HUGS}}}} joanveronica,
        Thank you so much for this sweet and thoughtful post. I know that you are one of my cherished-folllowers, and I not only appreciate you, but love you and all of my followers with all of my heart.
        I am not doing well these past few days--the rain and damp weather cause this Fibromyalgia and Neurothopy to really get me down.
        Thanks for your well wishes and you keep on writing those great hubs.

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 9 years ago

smile

This means a lot, janesix. I am serious. God bless you with all good things in life.
      Kenneth

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You know,I've seen on the forums all this time and just haven't followed anyone in ages. I just did. You have some interesting hubs.

Wow! God bless you, Barbara. Thank you. I try to NOT take any of my Cherished-followers for granted. They all had choices and I am blessed at them, and YOU, choosing to follow me.
          I try to provide quality, humorous and sometimes-serious hubs for you and them to enjoy.
          Again, thanks so much.
          Kenneth Avery/ from Hamilton, Ala.

3. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Congrats, Kenneth!

Bless youi, janshares, for being one of the followers who helped me make this goal. I pray that God pours out His spirit on you and your work.
      Love, Kenneth

4. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations to both of your achievement Kenneth! God bless you;-)

Thank youi, dear Thelma. I could not have done this without you and my dear, cherished-followers which INCLUDES YOU.
      Love, Kenneth

5. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 9 years ago

That's fantastic, Kenneth. Congratulations on 1,000 followers. I'm proud to be one of them. I am sorry for your illness, but sometimes an illness enables a person to strive for the better. You've succeeded.

Hi, MizBejabbers,
      Thank you, sweetie, for your kind comments. I am the proud one. Not only getting to meet you but read your great work. Keep a prayer going for me. Thank you.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  So glad you have made a comeback.  Keeping your mind on things besides your illness makes life richer.
    Blessings
    Judy

Hi, tirelesstraveler,
      Thank you sincerely, for your sweet words. They will not be forgotten.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 9 years ago

There seems to be a great group of us who joined HubPages at about the same time.  We seem to be about the same age as well.  But boy, 1,000 followers!  I am totally jealous but also grateful that I was one of the early ones.  Miss you when you can't write, but will enjoy every day we get!  Congratulations on your three years!

Dear Kathleen,
      Yes, we were among the early joiners and YOU were among my first followers. I am glad that we are both still here. And I miss you when I look for you and you are off HP for some reason or other.
      You are a very talented writer. And I appreciate you so much.

8. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 9 years ago

Congratulations. That is a big mile stone to cross:)

suzzycue, you are a big part of that event. So thank you very much. I appreciate you for this.
      Kenneth

9. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 9 years ago

Congratulations on getting so many followers! I'm happy to be one of your newer followers. You have some interesting and unique hubs. I'm always happy to follow a kind and supportive hubber:)

healthylife2,
      A sincere thank you for the kind words. No one is happier than me to have YOU as a follower.
      I am prone to say that I HAVE THE BEST FOLLOWERS on HubPages.
      And I am right.
      God bless you in your work and life.
      Kenneth

10. AudreyHowitt profile image78
    AudreyHowittposted 9 years ago

Congrats Kenneth--and I hope your path is not too difficult in terms of your health!

Hi, Audrey,
      Thank you, kind friend, for your encouragement. Today was rough due to the dampness of the atmosphere, and my feet, legs, and back all three attacked me, but it was my youngest, and middle-child's awards day at their school, so I had to show-up and I am glad that I did. What's suffering compared to encouraging two impressionable kids?
      I have to attend the oldest grandchild's awards tomorrow, so remember me if you pray.
      Kenneth

1. AudreyHowitt profile image78
        AudreyHowittposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sending you good thoughts! And sending smiles!

Dear Audrey,
          A Sincere Thank You for being so nice, caring, and thoughtful.
          I was right all of those times I said . . ."I HAVE THE BEST FOLLOWERS ON HUBPAGES."
          Kenneth

11. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Well first let me say "Congratulations in 1000 followers" Kenneth. I am lucky enough to be one of them. Your hubs are diverse and always manage to brighten my day. Your recent activity has made up for any time you had to take a break from HP. I have been here for four years and think I have about 220 followers so you are doing amazing Kenneth. The only good thing about your health issues is that it sometimes allows you more time to write your wonderful hubs. I have about 120 hubs and am still working towards my first payout...maybe later this year if I hang in there. Anyway, good luck to you and if I could I'd shake your hand my friend.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)