jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Etiquette on Hubpages

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image96
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 2 years ago

Good morning,

I am rather new to HubPages, and am so far enjoying sharing my articles with everyone. I've received a couple of "fan mail" messages, and a few comments on some Hubs, which has been marvellous. I don't wish to appear aloof or ungrateful, and wondered if there are any guides to etiquette for this community? Is there a way to reply to a comment to thank the Hub member for their remark?

I also seem to not be able to find the "send fan mail" option...

I used to laugh at my parents for being this useless on computers. If they could only see me now! I'm catching up with their ineptitude!

1. CMHypno profile image87
      CMHypnoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you go into the 'Comments' section of your account you will see there is a reply button as well as the accept/deny button, which you can use to rely to the comment.  Or you can just go into the hub and add a new comment and make your reply/thanks, but probably best to mention the name of the hubber  you are replying to as the comment might not slot in next to theirs

Pollyanna Jonesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I wrote a Hub on HubPages Etiquette, you'll find it in the slider on my profile.

Thank you, I had a look through and it certainly is a very helpful guide. I think I'll get the hang of this eventually!

3. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In order to send "fan mail" to a member, you have to click on the button to "follow" them. When you do that, a box will come up giving you the option to send them a "fan mail". If you don't do that when you first follow them, you can do so later. Unfortunately, you can only send a person a message through fan mail only once.

Thanks for that, I have found that part now. It is a shame that you can only leave such messages once.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you want to message a Hubber directly, go to Fan Mail and look for the "Send .... an email" in the top right hand corner.

Some Hubbers have disabled that feature, it's up to you. Just be aware that if you do use it, you're revealing your personal email address to that Hubber.  So be cautious - some unscrupulous people comment or follow you just to get access to your information.

2. 0
          sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think they do that so the feature isn't used for sending messages back and forth, but that's only a guess. There are times I'd like to send another message to someone so I could say more good things about their writing or something I've learned from them. My guess is HP would say we can just send them an email; however, it would be nice for other people to see the positive comments.

2. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

You can comment at the end of most Hubs. Some people choose not to accept comments, so this feature won't be visible. However, many hubbers love to receive comments from their readers. Just look at the end of each article to see if there is a comment box.

working