jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Is it bad to make comment on your own hub or for a hubber to beg other hubbers t

1. accofranco profile image77
    accofrancoposted 8 years ago

Plz don't tag me as one being too inquisitive,pardon me.My question sounds funny i know.But if we investigate deep,we may find out hubbers who are doing this indirectly.What do you think? Is it right or wrong lets hear from u,we all are learners till the day we die.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

t what?

2. profile image0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi AC, in the real world things might not be that perfect where we build a page and everyone comes and has a look at it leaving comments as to how well we have done.

Is it right or wrong? Well some hubbers have in the past followed and congratulated each other on Top Hubs, Face Book, Stumble Upon etc.. joining each other and voting on each other so they get to the top.

No it's not wrong as everyone else in one form or another is doing the same thing. Just read the past forum posts and you will see what I mean.

My view is do anything and everything you can and if begging floats your boat, then why not.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

..so long as it doesn't become irritating and have the opposite effect!

The other thing to remember is that comments don't have anything to do with earning money.  My best earning Hub gets very few comments. It's very nice to put a name to the people who are reading your Hub, but that's all comments really do for you.  So stop worrying about them!

1. profile image0
          terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes that's a very good point.

2. accofranco profile image77
    accofrancoposted 8 years ago

Darkside,for a hubber to beg other hubbers to post comments on their hubs and may be to become their fans.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It comes across as... begging.

Doing it once makes one appear to be desperate, but forgivable. Doing it often is not a wise idea. I'll call it 'pathetic spamming'.

3. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 8 years ago

Well spoken. If you build it, they will come.

1. Miranda Rights profile image60
      Miranda Rightsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not on the interwebs. If you build it, promote it then build and promote something else then build and prmote something else then eventually they might come.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ahh, now you're getting into measuring success. The internet is filled with a lot of static. People are everyday trying to redefine how we're finding, collating, and making sense of all this information.

But considering there's billions of people on the web, you don't have to capture the audience of everyone, you just need to create a good rapport.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ah,but that's the beauty of HubPages.  I got very downhearted when I had my own blogs and nobody read them.  Then I joined HubPages and was amazed to find I actually got readers without much promotion at all, really.  I'm sure I could do a lot better if I did more promotion, but I'm very happy with what I've got!

2. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is true.smile

4. DHResumes profile image60
    DHResumesposted 7 years ago

I just got my first fan and am as happy as a clam. Can someone say how to find and fan people back?

working