What would you, if you could do?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (67 posts)
  1. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I'm bored. Bored, bored, bored.
    I shouldn't be bored, today is a day off. I should be rejoicing. It's not like I want to be at work.
    It's just that I've done all the cleaning stuff... if I had any backbone, I'd clean out my closet, but I don't want to. But I can't really think of what I'd rather be doing. I'd love to go to the beach, but I just got back from a road trip and the thought of traveling wears me out. I wish I lived at the beach. I wish I had a deck that overlooked the ocean... and, while I'm at it, that there were no sharks.

If you could be doing ANYTHING AT ALL right now, what would you be doing? (Men should temper their answers.) smile

1. amiebutchko profile image70
      amiebutchkoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Don't feel bad!  You have every right to not clean your closet!  It is a day off!!!!  Embrace the day!  It is beautiful out here - take a long walk where you can window shop and have an indulgent coffee, if that is your bag.  Or, watch episodes of Mad Men, Downton Abbey, or the new season premieres of tv!!!!  Or... dare I say, go shopping at a place you know has fabulous sales! Those are the things I would do if I could step guilt-free out of my moment!!!!!!!!!  Good luck!  I know you will make it count.  Remember, happiness is an investment in yourself and will make you more productive tomorrow.  Make yourself happy!!!!!

Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You know what? I have started The Black List and it is quite enjoyable.
        According to my ads, Camelot is coming to my town and Lancelot appears to have Wolverine style muttonchops. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Intriguing for sure.....  carpe diem!

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writing a viral hub.

You'd like to be doing that now? I thought you'd already done it.
        Well at least you've come out of hiding so I did one worthwhile thing today.

3. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's now trumpet time.  You should be listening.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11819477.jpg

You're so... interesting. Sort of like that maxoxam hubber, but with fewer words.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do something that you HAVEN'T done before.
      (1) Go to a Japanese/Indian restaurant and try something exotic such as spicy tandoori chicken, saba or uni sushi or handroll.
      (2) Go to an upscale shopping center to get window shop.
      (3) Go see an artsy, independent film.
      (4) Go to a bookstore and just browse.
      (5) Go on a bus ride downtown or better yet, get on a tour bus and see your town like a tourist.
      (6)Go to a lecture and seminar in any subject or area that interests you.
      (7) Go to a section of your town that you HAVEN'T been before(granted that the area is safe).
      (8) Go to a museum.

That all sounds like stuff I do/I've done.

However, I've never given a lecture during an artsy film, while eating tandoori chicken. I might give that a try.

2. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Since none of these things are available where I live, I would like to offer you some viable alternatives. Maybe they are things you have not done before.
        1)Go over to your friendĀ“s house and have an anaconda stew. If the anaconda is all gone, her brother might have brought in another crocodile.
        2)Go to the grocery store on the mainland and buy coffee filters.
        3) Go sit by the side of the river and watch the boats go by.
        4) Take a mototaxi (motorcycle taxi) to a neighborhood that you have not visited before.

#2 makes you look like some kind of freak.

5. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe in gender equality. If a man and I are found equal, I may have to start killing spiders. tee hee.

I have to go cook dinner now. Where'd I put my high heels?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
          Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How tall is your stove?
          Use a toaster oven and you can wear flip-flops.

I vacuum in my heels too cause the pile is high on the carpet.

If you have piles on your carpet,  you need to get some training for the dog.

It's not my dog, it's the neighbors. They have a lot of issues.

Stop feeding them indoors. Patio parties only, and keep the garden hose handy.

This is why I don't do anything without checking with you first.

6. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I need to clean my closet as well. Yep...and I don't want to. I wish I had more to say but now I have a headace thinking about cleaning my closet. Love your forum! smile

*My forum. I like the sound of that.

2. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 9 years ago

I am doing what I want to be doing right now. Its my day off and I love it. The house is a mess haha, and it will just have to stay that way because I am chillin out in total silence , sippin my hot coffee and reading what I feel like reading. Clearing my mind is what I like to do, every time I get the chance. I can hear the birds chirpin , may go give em some bread here in a few minutes, watch em for awhile , come back through my nice, quiet , messy house and do a bit more coffee sippin n reading:)

We are living in parallel universes, I just need to appreciate mine. I think I just wanted someone to talk to without having to do my hair. smile

It is comforting to know there are other writers out there sitting in front of their computers, too, pondering their day.  I don't feel so lonely.  Thank you.

It is weird, isn't it? The forum is always just a bunch of pixels. Just a bunch of sentences and headings... but behind each one, there's an actual person. Different accents and clothes, different goals... but just like us. It would be nice to reach out and touch... maybe... in some cases maybe not. lol. But instead we just keep throwing out these pixels for someone else to catch.

... and that is why you are a writer, my friend.  So lovely put.

Aw, thanks Amie. I'm still wondering why Writer Fox brought up the shofar. Very interesting indeed. Hopefully he/she will expound.

1. relache profile image73

I'm going to speculate that it's because Writer Fox may be dunking apples in honey today.

Im not sure if that's a Jewish celebration... "The dunking of the apples feast", but I googled it and Google said the reference was too obscure... or possibly google's drunk.

3. Rachael Tate profile image68
    Rachael Tateposted 9 years ago

Why only men? I suddenly have an urge to write something outrageous!  I've had one of those days today as well.  I started well - putting away all my daughters summer clothes and having a clear out.  I now have a pile of clothes on the bedroom floor and for the last few hours I have alternated between the internet and reading a book!  Ooops! Personally I feel quite happy about it. To be honest I'm happier reading than just about anything else.

Be careful! I used to write about what ever was consuming my thoughts. It doesn't end well. lol

4. profile image0
    Amanda Howdeshellposted 9 years ago

If I could be doing anything at all, I would be laying out on my hammock soaking up this lovely fall weather. Alas, I'm just on break at work in an office that has windows that don't open!

What a bummer. There's no more beautiful time then fall!

5. DealForALiving profile image77
    DealForALivingposted 9 years ago

Ditto to that paradigmsearch

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

My thrill for the day has been changing batteries on my smoke detectors, not being able to put one back together, trying to catch up on sleep since I have been up since 2 a.m.

7. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

It's Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.

You're so smart. I was going to oust you as queen, but between you and Marisa, I figured someone would squash me like a bug.

edit:
      You were right... I should have scrolled down a bit more.
      http://www.pinterest.com/JewishHolidays … weet-year/

Oh my gosh, how cool is this for fall. Apple cups, how adorable!
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11820031.jpg
      http://www.pinterest.com/pin/118852877641831040/

When you grow up in a Jewish family, it's not uncommon to be familiar with their most significant religious holidays.

lol. I guess that makes sense. Well I still think you're smart, or maybe it just seems that way comparatively. It's not your fault you make us all look stupid, your job is just to hold up the mirror. Let the chips fall where they may.

That's it!  My new campaign slogan! Except with "your" spelled properly.

You have forgotten that those of us who are without great knowledge have one thing going for us. The edit button. Soon, you will look crazy and I will be the smart one. Who's crying now, my friend?

2. relache profile image73

That's it!  My new campaign slogan!  But with "your" spelled properly.

I will be writing your speeches. No one has to see how they're spelled. Just read them phonetically, you'll be fine.

edit: I see what you did there. You're a dark woman relache... a dark, dark woman.

Eggcelant!

You sound like Egghead, that villain on Batman.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11821381.jpg

X-sellent!

8. JustLivingOnline profile image72
    JustLivingOnlineposted 9 years ago

Be transported down to Duvall Street in Key West where I could walk into an open air bar and drink a cold beer while listening to a guy with only an acoustic guitar and microphone play rock classics up on stage.

Wait, what are you talking about? Oh yes! I remember now. I'm not fond of FL. Sharks have legs there and it's muggy.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I would like to be taking a train ride up the Pacific coast, then writing a viral hub about it.

That sounds awesome! I've always wanted to ride a train... legally.

10. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

It is raining this afternoon, so here I am too.
    I have been thinking of starting a thread about Patrick the Wombat so that I do not have to apologize for being off topic.
    You are not going to write a scathing comment if I write something about flashlights or cookies?

When have I ever scathed anyone? Never mind.
      I am glad to see your score did not fall. I s'pose the day is not over yet though.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Even if it does fall, I hear Amazon is now selling hubber scores. (Along with flashlights, cookies, and wombats.)

Oh! The website!!! I thought you were talking about the jungle. Everything you've said makes a lot more sense now.

11. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I just got back from seeing my G'ma who I have not seen for so many years it's not even funny. She will be turning 100 in Dec. and she is the prettiest thing you've ever seen. She's about as big as my thumb, but she still lives on her own with help that comes in. She is so funny I had tears rolling out of my eyes. When she says something she feels maybe she shouldn't have said, she puts her hands on both her cheeks as if to hide a blush. I just adore this woman. Does anyone else have wonderful g'parents?

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

She sounds wonderful - sadly, I never knew any of my grandparents.  Perhaps that is why I adopt other people's elderly folk:)

Oh Sally, that's so sad. I'm sorry. I think it's lovely that you adopt grandparents. I wonder if you'd like going to nursing homes and such and loving on ppl like my g'ma. She was just telling me how lonely she gets. It broke my heart. (She's a few states away.)

12. njg profile image80
    njgposted 9 years ago

When I'm bored the best thing for me is to call a friend and invite them to go out and explore something new and unexpected. I'd even ask them to think of a place they love and surprise me. If I keep trying to be busy on my own, it seems that my head is still in the same place. I need a distraction, a change in the atmosphere. Right now I'm not bored, just tired and thinking of all the things I need and want to do.

Friends huh? The real life kind with skin on em? I don't know... they're so needy. smile

13. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 9 years ago

What would you, if you could do?
    I would magically solve all the world's problems, then I would do the dishes and clean the kitchen and make up a big batch of green tomato chutney and write stellar Hubs about it...wink

Aw, I liked that you were unselfish first. I would like to try some of that chutney please. (Im much more selfish than you.)

14. SheilaSchnauzies profile image69
    SheilaSchnauziesposted 9 years ago

Sounds perfect to me!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)