Anyone Doing Anything Exciting This Weekend

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I am working 8 - 2 then going for a meal, then maybe a swim nothing too exciting really.... but at least i am not working all weekend... how about you, what are your plans?????

1. sassychic profile image60
      sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well now that college has gone underway I have football games on weekends and I have a date! YEY!

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

let us know all the juicy gossip from your date wont you....

2. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to bake.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL who are you putting into the oven ? lol Not your wife I hope big_smile

1. marinealways24 profile image60

You don't always need an oven to bake. lol

u junky ! yikes

1. marinealways24 profile image60

lol I'm hurt.

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Recovery. Then making up for lost time. What ever that might be.
      I will, however, insure that at some point the letters F, U, and N, are incoporated. Must, must, must.

4. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I worked 8 to 2:30, now it is time for beer and pizza.  Then off to build cabinets tomorrow.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Not really exciting by people's standards.

Although what I will be doing this weekend would be quite exciting for me.

I find working online quite exciting and I'll be doing that. big_smile

1. profile image0

working on line as in kwriting is that your actual work?????

yes it is an exciting way to enjoy the weekend

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I have a few websites. Two of those are pretty new and need some content and backlinks. Mostly I will be working on them. smile

2. profile image49
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Working online on Websites can be both exciting and rewarding plus the time just flies by. Don't put your weekend down UH, to do what you do is a talent, have a good weekend !

Ah! you are quite right, but do you know CG, those weekdays are just like weekends for me as I work online so weekends don't really sound that exciting. smile

Plus I always feel bad when I haven't fed those crawlers(Google Bot, Yahoo Slurp etc) with something who visit my sites. lol

3. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I'm packing as I'm off to Australia for my hols next week!

1. profile image0

soooooo jealous. have a great time

4. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I'm going to go see Inglourious Basterds and then on Saturday I am determined to finish the acrylic painting I started 4 months ago.  That is my goal, not sure how exciting its going to be though.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm gonna become your fan just for going to see that movie. smile

2. profile image0

hope you achieve your goal... what is your painting of

1. livewithrichard profile image71
        livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you and half way there, I just seen Inglourious Basterds and it was fantastic in a sick and twisted kind of way that only Quentin Tarantino could accomplish.

My painting is a surreal piece that I am envisioning and naming "The Lollipop Forest."  When it's complete, I'll post some pictures.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhh I wanna see that movie too ,looks great! enjoy Richard!

5. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I am off swimming tomorrow, then footie bet then going to see a local band. Sunday I find myself at a large outdoor market then watch Man City in the afternoon.

1. profile image0

Manchester City Yipeeeeee have a lovely weekend

6. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I might just go out on the pull, I never make plans.

7. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Tomorrow I have a bank robbing schedule, and on sunday a hit man's job. Exciting ,don't you think, Brenda dear ? big_smile

Finally, we found someone who is doing some exciting stuff this weekend. Best of luck with that! lol

Don't you want to give me a hand ? you look fit enough big_smile

Sure! only if I get a percentage of what we get from the bank. big_smile

70 / 30. Don't forget to bring your gladiator attire ! big_smile

lol! Done!

C u tomorrow then!  At the front door of HSBC Artic pole  branch  big_smile

Yea 1800 CST! big_smile

2. profile image0

found you tantrum..... sorry about that what is everyone else up to

8. rcisophie profile image61
    rcisophieposted 14 years ago

As for me... I'm going to spend wk with my family and our 5 dogs eh eh eh And like if wouldn't be enough I will be driving also LOL - so exciting, hope I'll survive wink

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Will be monitoring the track of Hurricane / Tropical Storm Danny and then probably picking up the yard. Everything has been taken inside that can be. You can watch the animals getting nervous though. Even the crows that live in our backyard are hunkering down.

1. profile image0

oh no is that for real

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, ditto. My entire weekend depends on the storm. Although I hear it's supposed to go around us??? *keeping fingers crossed*

1. profile image0

hope it does let us know

10. mommyfreelancer profile image76
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

It's my son's "Language Week" (loosely translated) program today so we are off to see him dance. smile

In the Philippines the last week is called "Linggo ng Wika" loosely translated as "Language Week". During these times the medium of teaching is switched to Tagalog or Filipino, our local dialect, and programs are done to highlight many customs and traditions. Perhaps my other Filipino hubbers can explain this better smile

And since it is also National Heroes Day commemoration, we have a 3-day weekend, yey! Thinking of going to a water spa somewhere in the city. smile

1. profile image0

have a great weekend... tellus all about it after the event

1. mommyfreelancer profile image76
        mommyfreelancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Done with the program - kids are so adorable! Even if they only get one or two of the 200 steps right, all the parents are clapping and cheering nonstop. smile

2. emievil profile image66
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't have kid so can't say I experience the Language Week activities and the programs. But since it's a 3-day weekend here, I'm planning to catch up on writing 2 to 3 hubs, doing some online work and doing some work for my clients as well. Oh and get some sleep,too smile.

Last week was a 3-day weekend, same this week, don't you just love it when there's a 3-day weekend? smile

Love, love, LOVE long weekends! Though goodbyes after those are quite complicated compared to normal weekends. Our son kinda gets used to us being at home.

11. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I have to go back to editing my novel, submitting a short story to a contest, and writing some more hubs...Never a boring moment!!!

12. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Congratulations on your novel dohn!  I am not doing anything but working, but I am reading this very engrossing novel at the moment called Shanghai Girls.  A treat for anyone who loves sumptuous historical fiction smile.

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks SweetiePie big_smile

13. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I will be recovering from a scorpion bite.  Nothing exciting about that I guess.

14. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Nothing exciting here but catching up on some sleep since I worked last Saturday.

15. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I am going to an Epluchette de ble dinde (corn party) tomorrow with my hubby!  a night out from 3 kids that we havent had in a couple months.  Really looking forward to it.  Sunday, maybe we'll have a Raclette dinner with the in-laws.  We'll see how we feel after the corn party smile

16. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Oh, just the usual last minute thing of sorting, packing, moving, unpacking and sorting .... lol  My whole weekend and the next two weeks will be focussed on setting up our new home and getting the kids off to a good start for their school year on the 1st of September.  big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish more wind to your sail Beth! smile

17. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Don't I wish... Watching the track of the storm (like Nelle), housecleaning, laundry, and WRITING!

18. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Moving was fun the first time for me, but I have become such a big procrastinator when I move.  I guess what is why I have stayed at my current place since 2007, which is the longest I have stayed anywhere, except for when I was living at home.

19. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My hubby is going to see his mommy & daddy so I get the bed to myself for three whole nights (quietly jumps up and down for joy)

I will be helping my daughter pack for college (sob, sob, sob) She leaves on Wednesday (waterfall sob).  I think she has everything she needs, might need to go to Menard's to get her a kitchen sink big_smile

You have a daughter going to college already??? I swear you look so young in your picture. smile

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so sweet, thanks.  Yes, she is off to college!

20. wesleycox profile image70
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

I am going to spend some good quality time with my wife and daughters that I haven't seen in eight months.

21. paulawoolley profile image60
    paulawoolleyposted 14 years ago

I'm going to be cleaning the yard and washing the window. Sad, huh?

22. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Weather and other circumstances permitting, we'll hike Mesa Falls.

23. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

Traveling for a hockey tournament

24. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Yesterady hubby and I drove down to Poway and we hung out with a couple of good friends for a while then had to go to my parents for my grandma's bday. Today we are going to hang out with one of our friends, possibly going to a REALLY huge bookstore that is in an old theater in Point Loma, CA. Then later on we are going to hook up with more friends and play football. then visit a friend where she works at Starbuck's. Sunday we will drive back to Anaheim to start up another week.

25. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

Well, I was supposed to go to a corn party, but because of the weather (freezing), it turned into a fondue party.  Not a bad thing actually.  BUT, after arriving at the party and starting to have a lovely glass of shiraz, my cell rings and its my babysitter telling me that the 6 year old is puking!  SO, leave the glass of wine and the dinner (and hubby) and go home to tend to sick child, and lose 40 bucks to the sitter for 2 hours and a cab ride home.  Not exactly the wonderful night out I had planned, but with kids, it never goes exactly as planned anyway...so whatever...this is my life...have a good weekend everyone!

Megs

1. paulawoolley profile image60
      paulawoolleyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about your sick little one Megs, but what is a corn party anyway?  Have to know!

1. megs78 profile image60
        megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paula,
        Here in Quebec, where I live we are surrounded by corn fields and farm land and August is the month when the corn is ready to eat.  You can buy 100 heads of corn for 7 bucks and its soooo good!  smile

Anyhow, that makes for a cheap party and usually the weather is nice so its outside with lots of drinks, lots of friends, some fireworks, a bonfire etc.  A very good time for the most part.  The English don't really have parties like that and the french word for it is Epluchette (husk peeling) de Ble Dinde (corn on the cob).

And my daughter is ok, she just ate too many goodies with the sitter.  As soon as I arrived home she was fine and ready for bed, but I didnt want to leave the sitter 'just in case'.

On the flip side, I had a quiet night to myself and relaxed, actually vegged on the couch, so it didnt go to waste smile
        Hope your weekend went well, take care,
        Megs

26. DoodleLyn profile image73
    DoodleLynposted 14 years ago

Been in Buffalo NY since last night, helping our daughter and her family settle their new apartment! It's gorgeous, and right in the city. Right around the corner are shops, museums, and cafe's galore! What a lovely area. My granddaughter loves  being in her "new house" with mommy and daddy. Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to steal away for a couple of hours to visit the festival going on in their neighborhood! And, NO, it does NOT snow in Buffalo in summer, contrary to popular opinion. lol.

Haha, I get asked that a lot too being from Canada (I know Buffalo is not in Canada, but just on the border)...but in reality, its not so far from the truth these days.  Its been so cold the last 3 summers, I'm starting to think the Ice Age is not far off and that Global Warming is a farce smile

1. DoodleLyn profile image73
        DoodleLynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(i)I know! There are even jokes all the time about Buffalo weather. Things like - You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them - You make halloween costumes to fit over a snow suit - and - you don't worry about potholes because they're filled with snow. Actually this summer HAS been very cool, like today it's about 60 degrees and rainy, rainy, rainy.

Well, here, those are not jokes.  We DO have jumper cables, because not having them here is suicide in the winter.  Our costumes ARE all made to fit over snowsuits (huge ones) and pot holes are a non-issue usually.  Winters here are incredibly cold and tough.  I actually am not quite sure why I am still living in Canada seeing as I despise winter cold smile  BUT, it is beautiful when all is white and sparkly.  By the way, yesterday here, the temperature was about 13 degrees, but with the wind, it was about 5 degrees.  Can you believe that?  And August is generally our hottest month.  Crazy!

27. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Today:  Called a contractor about helping get our homesite a-developin'.  Went to Home Depot for "stuff".  Met with contractor at homesite; developed an action plan.  Ate corned beef hash from a can.  Wrote this post.

Tomorrow:  Use "stuff" from Home Depot to build a platform for the 17 inch deep latex mattress I've ordered for my ailing wife.  Write another post.  Tangle with the Computer Chess Monster hiding in my laptop. 

Monday:  Oh, wait, that's not the weekend to folks with regular jobs, is it?  I can never tell the difference....

28. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

i spend many hours in a day for developing hubs....my hubs are more to providing useful information pertaining to all matters...from fixing fan to choose the best theme for wedding ceremony....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)