jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Ads and Getting Paid

1. 0
    Kate Freelanceposted 2 years ago

I have been working with the tutorials and attempting to set up my AdSense etc so that I can start getting paid for hubs. I was disapproved for an adsense account, I clicked on the report which takes me to a link to re-apply.  There is no information on why it was disapproved and the contact us link with Google indicates that I should have received an email, which I did not.  Assistance with getting all this set up and understanding what changes need to be made would be appreciated!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

You have been on HP for only 3 days with 4 hubs.  You should writer at least 15-20 hubs and be here at least a month, and try again.  All you can do is keep writing and to continue applying.  If you have your own blog or website with Adsense account, you use that ID since you cannot have 2 Google adsense accounts.

While you are waiting, if you have not done so, join Amazon Associates program and enter it in the proper spot for Amazon.  Once approved for adsense, you can always switch to the HP Amazon earnings program, if you choose to do so.

You can use other affiliate links, 2 to a hub, to earn income from sales as well.

1. 0
      Kate Freelanceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've started the configurations for Google, Ebay and Amazon, everything is on hold pending the Adsense. Thanks for the advice!

3. Rachael Tate profile image83
    Rachael Tateposted 2 years ago

The email should have gone to the gmail account you applied to Adsense through. Mine ended up in my junk folder so you might want to check to see if it's been sent there.

1. 0

Checked everywhere, no email, thanks for the input.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Most likely it is "insufficient content".

1. 0

Seems to be a group consensus. The tutorial is misleading as it's only a recommendation and should be a requirement that a minimum number of articles be published.

5. Tammy Cramblett profile image88
    Tammy Cramblettposted 2 years ago

Hi Kate. I can't offer any help as I am having problems getting approved for Ad-sense as well. I have read posts from other Hubbers that we need 15-20 quality hubs before Google will even consider accepting an application. I have 19 right now and have been denied 7 times so far. I'm sorry I can't help you, except to encourage you not to give up.

1. 0

Same to you, hopefully it clears up for you soon. I need to add more content, just started this week. They should change the recommendation of 10 articles to being mandatory. I feel it's misleading.

6. Haj09 profile image76
    Haj09posted 2 years ago

They say you should have at least 10 hubs, others say you should be on hubpages for at least 5 weeks. For me, I was disapproved for about 4 times, and I've been accepted some days ago with 16 hubs and 6 weeks on HP.

1. 0

Thank you!

7. ladyguitarpicker profile image83
    ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago

If you have been denied 7 times I probably do not have a chance. Do you know why hubs say high quality and then are turned down by Google?

1. 0

This reply may be meant for Tammy as opposed to my forum topic, I have only been turned down once and need to increase my content before applying again.