jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

New Twist on an old Con

1. 0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

Hello, I am a professional Oil and Gas Engineer Under (ConocoPhillips Energy ForTomorrow Worldwide Website: http://www.conocophillips.com ) I was recentlyTransfer to ( Afren plc Kinnaird House West africa website:http://www.afren.com ) with my wife and my two kids(a boy (James 6yrs )and a girl(Jennifer 4yrs) we came down to africa with our maltese puppy.We left United State Of America with Hope that i will be coming back withmy family in a month's time, but right now the company have ask me to stayfor 4 years and 6months under contract agreement with them and we noticedthat the weather here is not good for the puppy this is the more reason mywife and i decided to give the puppy away to whom ever that will takeproper good care of her. Please i want you to note that, I am a kind andhonest man and also we spent a lot of time with our puppy. She is 4 months and some days old. AKC registered home raised current onshots and vaccination, 100% health guaranteed, full of fun with kids andother pets too. I need someone with good and loving home from the statesto adopt and take proper care of her the way we use to because she is thekind of puppy that deserve a good home and a good home is all i want forher. If you can take proper care of her, do reply me and i will let youknow how she will be delivered to you. Thanks and God bless you.Eng. John Nwanya.

I recieved this email just today. It is merely another way of getting information from a person who is naive enough to give it to them.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

But hey, The puppy sounds soooooo cute-- and he 's spent a lot of time with it. What's the problem.    smile :0 ooops!

3. 0
    Rainbow Briteposted 7 years ago

sickening the depths people will stoop to to get money.

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

What irritates me about them is the poor english tongue lol ...geezzz

1. brad4l profile image83
      brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Eh, I don't know, I think this probably is a good thing, because it might raise some flags for people who are unaware of the scam.

Once the scammers evolve and are writing emails with perfect grammar and with a basic understanding of the language, they might be harder for some people to catch.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Are there not special restrictions on importing even domestic/pet animals from overseas to the US? I can't recall.

1. funride profile image79
      funrideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe there are but I donĀ“t think they will really send the puppy anyway... big_smile