jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)

I'm giving my Christmas Wish List to the Hub Team

1. CatherineGiordano profile image88
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

Dear Hub Team:

All I want for Christmas is...

Automated stats that update at the same times every day
    A way to make sense out of hub scores
    Recipe hubs that allow the items in the list to be moved

What's on your list?

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know we already got our present--the revised hub formats--but I still want more stuff.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I want Hub pages to tell all the world to read my Hubs and buy lots of products and bombard amazon with orders and... and ... and.... Oh well! Maybe just peace on earth would be more realistic

3. eugbug profile image95
      eugbugposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would prefer a wider format instead of the current toilet paper layout which requires a lot of scrolling (or is that unrolling...). This would allow text and reasonably sized images to be placed side by side. For instance if a user needs to refer to a diagram and text at the same time, they could this without having to constantly scroll up and down.  I know space is needed at the sides for ad placement, but it seems rather excessive.
      The ability to post  2 images side by side would be nice also....

1. makingamark profile image71
        makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

However over 50% of people looking at websites are now doing so via a mobile device - and this is the "view" which is expanding so I guess that's also the "view" that needs to take priority

1. eugbug profile image95
          eugbugposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's certainly true, so I guess we're just going to have to live with it!
          As regards photo capsules, for instance a diagram with numbers, how about making them interactive  so that users could touch the numbers to  view additional textual info?

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Cookies. I want cookies.

Cookies--the kind for your computer or the kind you eat?

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
        DrMark1961posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Is there a difference?

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Peace in the forums.

1. Sue Adams profile image94
      Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree. +1

3. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+1

4. clivewilliams profile image80
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

The world to be color blind+25000000 hits smile

1. Jodah profile image87

Me too Clive.

5. peeples profile image89
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

For long time hubbers not to have to wait hours for questions to be moderated because of a link. If we have been here long enough we know not to put a spammy link in a question!
    For stats to be updated each day, here on HP, and google to make that possible for moderators since some of us don't want to log in to google to get stats.
    For staffers to figure a way to make moderation possible during night time (usa or day time overseas) hours so that we don't have to wait for moderation for up to 12 hours.
    For staff to be able to get a break without it impacting us. They deserve time off, and not to be catering to our every need 24 hours a day, but staffing should be done accordingly so that this does not impact hubbers.

1. Jodah profile image87

Maybe they should employ some staff from the Southern Hemisphere to keep moderation etc going 24/7.

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
        DrMark1961posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you thinking of setting up an HP satellite office in Australia?

1. Jodah profile image87

Anything's possible  DrMark, why not? smile

2. peeples profile image89
        peeplesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think that would be a wonderful idea!

6. watergeek profile image93
    watergeekposted 2 years ago

For a keyword search tool that isn't focused around ads - that shows competition from a writing point of view, not an ad point of view. I want people to read my stuff. I don't want to be writing stretched-out ads.

1. Jodah profile image87

I totally agree Watergeek..bring it on.

7. tirelesstraveler profile image88
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

My wish is for all writers, including myself, to be sensitive, and understand every word spoken, written or read has potential for healing and potential for destruction.

1. Jodah profile image87

So true.

8. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

Advertisements that make some sort of sense to the ordinary viewer in the context of the topic of the hub

.....as opposed to being wholly unrelated (and sometimes having totally gross pics  as well!) - and looking totally spammy as a result - and making people run away from reading my hub!

No more totally gross pics in advertisments!

If a site demands high standards for its content then it should do the same for the adverts it displays on the site.

Quality sites have adverts which fit both the topic and tone of the website

1. jodijoyous profile image60
      jodijoyousposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+10
      Regular stat updates would be nice too. Squidoo had many issues, but they did manage that!

2. CatherineGiordano profile image88

I have to agree with makingamark.  I just saw a gross ads on my recipe hub?  Yuk!  I'd rather not have an ad and sacrifice the income. I work hard to make my hub look beautiful.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Yes, stats were always updated on Squidoo as messed up as they were.

How about stats that actually update when they say they are updated. After 24 hours or more of no updates, I finally see that the stats are updated only to find no numbers have changed.  I had comments since the last update so I know I had at least a few views.  It is so disappointing.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image88

How about stats that actually update when they say they are updated. After 24 hours or more of no updates, I finally see that the stats are updated only to find no numbers have changed.  I had comments since the last update so I know I had at least a few views.  It is so disappointing.

working