jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Getting spammed - not funny

1. Carola Finch profile image97
    Carola Finchposted 21 months ago

Someone is getting their jollies by going through my hubs and posting silly and mis-spelt comments on them.  Such a waste of my time having to read this stuff and delete it.  Haven't people got better things to do?  I sure do.

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

ah, you are not alone. I have 2 comments that aren't related to my hubs and I click spam, delete forever, just ignore them

2. Sharlee01 profile image68
      Sharlee01posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I have the same problem... I had to edit feedback so all come to me first.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 21 months ago

You can set your comments to moderation and/or set them so only registered users can comment.

3. Carola Finch profile image97

Thanks, relache, I did that.  I marked the last one as "spam" before I deleted it and it showed up here in the news feed. Go figure.  I have always been set to approve before comments appear, but did not know about the registered user setting.  Hopefully this will work - have had a dozen spams today alone.  I always check and moderate, so the prankster is wasting his or her time as well as mine.

4. SheilaMilne profile image90
    SheilaMilneposted 21 months ago

Mark them as spam but don't delete them.  They can be blocked if they can track the IP address -  see this post

5. Carola Finch profile image97

Thanks Sheila.  I see that denying and marking as spam is the way to go.

6. PhotoEditorIIP profile image60
    PhotoEditorIIPposted 21 months ago

Agree with you Sheila. it'll be functional and permanent solutions to avoid this spam messages.
    I'd really appreciate if you share something alike if you come across in future for same. Does any one tell me how people have our mail address (data) to send us such messages? Do we have any control that our mail must not be considered for alike messages in future?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

People don't have your email address - they write a comment on your hub. Your settings ask HubPages to email the comments to you. You can stop that feature in the settings.

7. Cynthianne profile image94
    Cynthianneposted 21 months ago

That is all I get anymore, misspelled spammy comments. Sometimes they will put in a name like Gary or something. I am getting to where I hate to even look at the comments.