jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Google Buy

1. CelebrateUSA profile image90
    CelebrateUSAposted 24 months ago

Just an this article about the possibility of a Google Buy capsule.

I have been frustrated with my earnings on Amazon and have stopped adding the capsules. Amazon brings me less than 10% of what HubPages brings me so why I am I cluttering my pages?

The Google buy button - if it could earn more $$$$ for HP then that means our writers will earn more money too!

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 24 months ago in reply to this

That's an interesting idea....wink

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I looked up "Google buy" and found information related to adding a Google Wallet buy option, but that is mainly intended for site that have products to sell. Unless there is a different program, this is just a different way to pay for something similar to PayPal.

1. Easy Exercise profile image89
        Easy Exerciseposted 24 months ago in reply to this

There was an article in the WSFJ about Google doing a beta testing this. Here is a nice summary: http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/google … th-amazon/
        To recap: "According to unnamed sources that spoke to the Wall Street Journal recently, the Mountain View company has been testing the button as it seeks to persuade merchants to give it permission to introduce the feature on its own Shopping pages. The proposal has reportedly split retailers, with some excited by the prospect and others unhappy that it could result in a loss of control “over the image they present to shoppers.”

oops, fat fingers - WSFJ is WSJ but of course! Sorry! Where is that edit feature when I need it?!

1. Solaras profile image92
            Solarasposted 24 months ago in reply to this

The edit button is hiding under "edit" under your comment lol, but you only have several hours before it goes away, and your comment become permanent.

Didn't see it available - thanks for the tip! Appreciate that!

working