jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

1. Aneegma profile image75
    Aneegmaposted 21 months ago

Phew! it sooooo good to see my original cool hubs back on my profile and it's all done by ME!! big_smile big_smile big_smile

A big thank you to every single one of you that supported and helped me get my hubs back. A special thank you to  CARDISSA and WRITER FOX for giving me tips and help with the mess HP brought on me.

For those of you that are clueless on what I'm talking about go here:

I hope the HP staff really goes back to the drawing board and restructure their new Hub Pro program. It ain't for me and certainly do not ever want to see my hubs tampered again by inexperienced editor.

Please let me know if you guys can see the original hub now?

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. Now I got my mojo back and the one positive thing about all this is that my writer's block disease has gone. So look out for some more intense writing from me!!! tongue

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I do hope that you take the time to review the edits and keep the one that improve your hubs, and use what you have learned on your other hubs.

I understand that some of the changes were not to your liking.  But you should look at those sections to see if some kind of change was warranted. If what you wrote was not clear to the editor, maybe it won't be clear to at least some readers. You may not like the way it was changed, so maybe you can change it some other way.

Aneegmaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I did and hence why I was super furious because it wasn't an edit. It was a total wipe out!! But I looked at some of it and have picked up some points to remember. Thanks.

2. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I'm glad you are a happy camper (and Hubber) now.  I hope all of your income returns, as well.  I'm still sorry you didn't get a formal apology from HP.  People deserve an apology not excuses when they have been hurt, even if the hurt was unintentional. Don't we even teach children that? Whatever.

1. flycatcherrr profile image86
        flycatcherrrposted 21 months ago in reply to this

2. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Well said, Fox.

3. Aneegma profile image75

Thanks Fox. I'll be very surprised if I get an apology as I saw in Cardissa's post that Paul never replied to my post. Anyway that's done and thanks for your help smile

3. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

congrats, hope that you will write more hubs besides 4, and remember to add in your photo, less external links

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 21 months ago

Aneegma, you need to check your links. A number of them are going to the Wayback Machine rather than to your active hubs.

Thanks. I will check that out.

3. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 21 months ago

Great news, Aneegma. Really happy to hear this. That was some scary stuff. I'm glad it did not result in you leaving. You are one of the sweet ones, always easy to talk to and a good hubber. Carry on and continue to produce those original and authentic articles! Peace smile

4. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 21 months ago

Hi Aneegma. I visited the hub identified (I think by Writer Fox) as one that was largely rewritten. I can't see why that was considered necessary.

If an editor had hit the return key to create some more paragraphs, and transferred some of your text into separate capsules (with a capsule title instead of just bold type), I think their time would have been well spent.

But you could easily do that by yourself if an editor had just sent you an email suggesting it. smile

You obviously have the thoughts and the ability to write them. You certainly don't need any help with those elements. I'm glad you have your mojo back!

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 21 months ago

Good for you, Annegma. I am glad to hear all is right now and you are happy. I admire you for standing up for your rights.

6. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 21 months ago

Sorry this happened to you Aneegma but glad you managed to get your original hubs back. They were wonderful like they are and judging by the amount of traffic they were getting they definitely didn't need editing. I like you just the way you are too smile

7. Hicks Days profile image60
    Hicks Daysposted 21 months ago

great! sorry to hear this happened to you, but i'm glad it's all find again.