jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Capsule Edit Documentation

1. Easy Exercise profile image90
    Easy Exerciseposted 19 months ago

Reviewing hubs for proper grammar, content and spelling is challenging. The other challenge I have is I don't remember which capsules I have rewritten and reviewed. It would be helpful for my quality content to add in an option for the author to document specifically:

1.) rewritten on mmddyy
    2.) checked spelling
    3.) checked grammar

Yes, I know the hub itself tells me that last time I access it but more often than not all I have done is fixed broken links and made the recommended improvements.

For me, I would like to see a tracking for quality.

I plan on editing/rewriting most of the capsules but I may not do all of them unless the hub is unfeatured.

Your thoughts? Or do you already know what you have edited and reviewed?

1. Dressage Husband profile image79
      Dressage Husbandposted 19 months ago in reply to this

That pretty much encapsulates the issues that I think we all have. The problem is that I have many sites to maintain on several different platforms, so I tend to forget how to find the information I need on some of the platforms (age or senility setting in?)!

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Using the stat screen, I order the page by date produced, then just go down the line editing them as I go.  Take a note on which one I stop on for the day and resume the same order the next day.  I'm currently going through everything I have, trying to make them more mobile presentable.

Or, I may order them by the last date changed, looking for hubs that haven't been edited for some time.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 19 months ago in reply to this

You can export the stats information to a CSV and import it into something like Google Drive Sheets and keep track of any details about your Hubs that you would like.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago

You can export your stats and use a spreadsheet program to keep track of the changes.

Personally, I wouldn't find this useful, since I keep finding issues, even after I have already edited the hubs, especially since things (the facts and what makes Google and HubPages happy) keep changing.  It is never-ending process for me, to keep scrubbing my hubs!

3. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 18 months ago

Thank you all for your help!

Greatly appreciate it! Will give this a try. Off to edit!