jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Piggy Backing on Glenn Stok's Suggestion - Add In Stats of Shares

1. Easy Exercise profile image89
    Easy Exerciseposted 18 months ago

With the advent of the new social media world and Pinterest bringing in more traffic (and Instagram and Google+ projected to increase), I wish to revive Glenn Stok's suggestion of adding in the statistics of the "shares".

I am seeing more and more traffic from Pinterest. I have not yet utilized Google+ but foresee that venue exploding in the next 24 months.

Knowing where our traffic is being generated from and when and why it goes dormant is information that we need.

This is not my idea, this idea was submitted by Glenn Stok two years ago. He was ahead of his time. Perhaps with the new relevancy given to Twitter out on the search engine, the timing for this add-in would be prime?

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 18 months ago in reply to this

HP stopped doing this because it made Hubs load too slowly because that data must be imported in real time from other sites.  You can look up your Hubs' social shares here:

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 18 months ago

If you set-up Analytics with your account, you could look at this sort of info already.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 18 months ago

That is an old suggestion of mine from at least two years ago. As relache just mentioned, all that is available now in Google Analytics.  There is no point in duplicating the efforts. GA is getting more useful lately. Google just added new filtering features to our reports as well.