jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is it possible to earn without adsense approval via amazon and Ebay

1. meenakshibhati profile image67
    meenakshibhatiposted 16 months ago

Hi everyone,
    i tried to apply for adsense few months back and could not be approved due to insufficient number hubs. I read number of forums wherein people have mentioned that they can earn without adsense through amazon and Ebay. I tried for that also but while applying it says:

1.    Publish at least one Hub                                        Complete
    2.    Sign up for the HubPages Earnings Program        Complete
    3.    Associate a Google AdSense Account                Incomplete

Does it mean that for ebay and amazon, we need adsense account. If this is so, then how people are making money without adsense through amazon and ebay.

Please suggest to resolve this issue

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 months ago in reply to this

You can't.  If you want to earn money at HubPages, you need an Adsense account, there is no other alternative. 

You may have been reading old forum posts from the time when it was possible to use your own eBay account on HubPages. You can't now.  Years ago, it was also possible to include many more eBay and Amazon capsules on your Hubs so you could earn a good income from them.  Now, the number of capsules is extremely limited and you could not make much from them.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hi meenakshibhati,

You can still earn using your own Amazon Affiliate Account, but you won't be able to sign up for the HubPages-specific Amazon Program. Here's how to do so: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account

However, you will need AdSense to participate in every other earning opportunity on the site.

2. emi sue profile image82
    emi sueposted 16 months ago

I'm not really making a whole lot of money through adsense at the moment, but I have honestly never made a penny from the Amazon or eBay. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    However, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have adsense to use/make money with eBay and amazon associates.
    Any one else have any insight on this?

You don't need Adsense to make money from eBay and Amazon on your own sites.  You do on HubPages.

Can I ask, do you have the HubPages Ads Program turned on?  If you do, you'll earn very little or nothing from Adsense because the HubPages Ads take the place of most of the Adsense ads.  That's not a problem, because you will usually earn a lot more from the HubPages Ads anyway.

Tip:  You'll earn a lot more from your Amazon capsules if you choose your products more carefully.  For instance, in your Hub on Christmas trees you're showing some random garlands. They won't make sales.   What will make sales is if you find some really interesting ornaments or garlands on Amazon, then actually talk about why you recommend them in your text.

1. emi sue profile image82
        emi sueposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Great advice! I don't spend a lot of time worrying about which products I promote as long as they're relevant to the hub.
        I'll start spending more time on what I choose to promote.
        Thank you!

3. meenakshibhati profile image67

Thank you all for your advice. To turn on the ad program i clicked Earning>Settings>Hub pages Earning program .
    In this we have - Ad program, Ebay program and Amazon program.
    For all three of them Adsense configuration is compulsory.
    Hence the conclusion is that it is impossible to earn without having adsense account.

There is one of option of using amazon externally but not very much clear how to use it.

Yes, you are right in your conclusions.

IN THEORY, it is possible to earn using Amazon externally but I would strongly urge you not to bother, because you will be very disappointed. You will find you can use only one or two Amazon capsules in each Hub, and it's impossible to make a reasonable income from that alone.

4. meenakshibhati profile image67

Thanks Marisa,

I think i have no other option else to wait for adsense approval.

can you advice other websites with no such issues of adsense.

working